Have you guys seen the Reclaimed CE and Semi Hollow Vela?

You're looking at the past, Bro. All S2 and CE trem models now have trem arms with black capped tips.

in all fairness, this WAS NOT the case for 2016, and you did post pictures of the core arm with tip on the site, even though the CE's did ship with the basic plain SE bar.

If you've changed it for this year, then I will apologize for my unfair statements. But, you can't exactly say that there wasn't some justification for having the suspicion based on what was pictured and what shipped last year.

Being a man of honor. My sincere apologies to PRS.

Good thing I wasn't here a few minutes earlier. I would have lost......something :eek:

I don't think the outcome was that clear cut, and thank goodness there were no apologies for personal attacks on deluded fanboys wearing goggles.

Last edited:
The woods really aren't any cheaper than what we would normally pay for tops and fretboards. The satin finish requires less labor than a gloss finish, so that helps keep the price down.

I predict these will be sold out today or Monday at the latest.

They discovered a wood supply, warts and all, and decided they can build some guitars out of this. They have sufficient material to build six hundred guitars. The announcement was made. No great fanfare just a "here they are". And then we learn the actual price of them. Not more but less than the current range. I am thinking how, I am sure in fact that some companies would have us bent double and charge five times as much just because they know they can. Well done, Shawn and everybody at PRS.

They discovered a wood supply, warts and all, and decided they can build some guitars out of this. They have sufficient material to build six hundred guitars. The announcement was made. No great fanfare just a "here they are". And then we learn the actual price of them. Not more but less than the current range. I am thinking how, I am sure in fact that some companies would have us bent double and charge five times as much just because they know they can. Well done, Shawn and everybody at PRS.

Yup...THIS...God, I love it here!!

In before the lock! (what I mean is Order confirmed before sold out...) :)

How could I not order one of these? They're perfect for me.
I know it's a bit of a crap shoot as to what it's going to look like, but if it's anything like the one I saw on instagram, I'll be more than thrilled!
Besides, all I see is the top edge when I'm actually playing anyway...:cool:

in all fairness, this WAS NOT the case for 2016, and you did post pictures of the core arm with tip on the site, even though the CE's did ship with the basic plain SE bar.

If you've changed it for this year, then I will apologize for my unfair statements. But, you can't exactly say that there wasn't some justification for having the suspicion based on what was pictured and what shipped last year.

WYSIWYG. Relax baby be cool :cool:

Ordered mine at Ryan Fowlers in MD. Cant wait. I have a Core Starla and the pups are outstanding but they are not the same as the S2 Starla pups, which I have not personally heard. Hoping to love them.
I ordered mine from Ryan too. I ordered yesterday at about 6:15pm, and I was the second Vela and fourth overall (two CEs) order he had for the reclaimed wood line. He'd been told he'd be getting them in within a couple of weeks. I can't wait for my NGD! (And now I need to find somebody to buy my "old" Vela.)

It's all good. To be honest, a lot of time we will photograph a prototype model, only to go back and tweek the specs before the guitar goes into production. The S2's and CE's have only recently started shipping with the updated trem arm.

Back