Have you guys seen the Reclaimed CE and Semi Hollow Vela?

I ordered mine from Ryan too. I ordered yesterday at about 6:15pm, and I was the second Vela and fourth overall (two CEs) order he had for the reclaimed wood line. He'd been told he'd be getting them in within a couple of weeks. I can't wait for my NGD! (And now I need to find somebody to buy my "old" Vela.)
I was the first Vela (and first preorder for either of the reclaimed models) from Sweetwater according to my guy, Tomir. ;) I emailed him as soon as I saw this thread!

Grazie. Picked up a couple dozen 594s while I was at it. Should make for nice stocking stuffers. I wanted to buy a skirt-hiker, but they said they'd just shipped the last one to Sergio.

My pleasure! Enjoy!

Who wants discolored tops full of nail holes? that's what I keep telling myself :(
I could've bought both with the dough I shelled for the DC245 :eek:
these are gorgeous

Opposite situation for me - DC 245 in satin nitro or both of these? My dealer will prefer the latter option:rolleyes:

Tough choice this is...

They discovered a wood supply, warts and all, and decided they can build some guitars out of this. They have sufficient material to build six hundred guitars. The announcement was made. No great fanfare just a "here they are". And then we learn the actual price of them. Not more but less than the current range. I am thinking how, I am sure in fact that some companies would have us bent double and charge five times as much just because they know they can. Well done, Shawn and everybody at PRS.

Hear, hear! It makes me glad to see such a special limited edition at "everyman" pricing. Shame my fun budget is nil at the moment. Something about that Vela really stirs the modder in me. For some reason, I feel this version would be amazing with a pair of mini hums.

I think I'm going to pass -- I like the idea of a semi-hollow Vela, but not too keen on the reclaimed look. I passed on Ibanez' vintage/distressed series for similar reasons. Hey, Shawn, did any of the dealers order extras of the satin Vela, or did you only allow people to order specifically.
I wanted to buy a skirt-hiker, but they said they'd just shipped the last one to Sergio.
Not to be confused with a kilt-hiker...

I don't know yet if I'm confirmed yet to receive one. I did my part by calling my dealer before COB on the first day of the order window. I"ve been looking for a good reason to buy a Vela and this is it! Hope I get one.

I'm fascinated by the semi-hollow Vela. Even though I'm not in a position to get in on the reclaimed event just now, my wheels are turning and I'll be curious to see if there are more semi-hollow Vela's in the future, perhaps in some interesting hues and finishes. Hmmmm . . . .

I lost sleep over this reclaimed Vela thing, last night.

I told my wife about it, since she's BIG into home renovation projects and making old things new. Our fireplace mantle was made by her...by hand...with reclaimed barnwood that's easily 100 years old, and it looks great.

I told her this new Vela is something I need.

I told her I need old wood that's been used and abused, and looks kinda pathetic. She said I already had some..... ???

Back