Have you guys seen the Reclaimed CE and Semi Hollow Vela?

Anyone know if these are coming to Europe?
They are in europe now England tried one sounded crap very tinny light weight the story read well ,but the old nail hole thing going on spoilt it i dont thik it will ever be a collectable IMO

They are in europe now England tried one sounded crap very tinny light weight the story read well ,but the old nail hole thing going on spoilt it i dont thik it will ever be a collectable IMO
Then this guitar is not for you, obviously.

I consider mine to be a very unique and great sounding instrument, and suspect they will be just as collectible as any previous PRS limited run, a la the Redwood Limiteds.

Wrong on that. Some are fetching double on the used market.

Saw one for sale at the largest retailer, but have had my fix of new guitars for now. Happy to be playing what I have, but who knows what will happen if I find a used one for a decent price...

Wrong on that. Some are fetching double on the used market.
which model have you got? The one i tried was CE24 its still for sale at the list price so if anyone wants the details and a photo to buy it send me your email address and i will get you all the details

Collectible or not, I freakin' love my RLCE24.

giphy.gif

No more of this, please. See this thread for an explanation:

http://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/sale-thread-etiquette.5466/

Then this guitar is not for you, obviously.

^^^^
This.

The number of negative reviews don't come anywhere near the number of positive reviews.

The used market is already quite aggressive in (high) pricing.

I love my two. And it is comforting to know that it looks like they will more than hold their value.

Last edited:
We're all different. I don't associate PRS guitars with flat finishes, unmatched woods, etc.. no matter the source. I'm sure they are the same wonderful guitars we all love in name, but for me personally, I'm just not much for that look. They remind me of the 400 buck LP Jr.s with the porous finishes..
Yes i had one of those Lps hated it, its only value was i bought it from Ian Hunter from mott the hoople early 80s so that was its big value but as a guitar rubbish. No the reclamed look and relic finishes are not for me, ill stick with my beautiful PRS finished collection

Considering the reaction to this first run of reclaimed guitars, I have to believe there's another in the works. I'm not going to fret over waiting for one out of this run (though they are cool as heck), because I'm sure something equally awesome is coming. Maybe the same woods and models, maybe not, but it'll be cool.

Back on topic, just received an updated ETA from my SW sales rep of early/mid September... Just hoping it's September 2017... :rolleyes:

*also hoping Shawn is reading and comes through with some sort of 'bonus/reward' coupon included with the last batch.... this is turning into a long, painful wait....

btw, where's that 'ignore' button..?????

Considering the reaction to this first run of reclaimed guitars, I have to believe there's another in the works. I'm not going to fret over waiting for one out of this run (though they are cool as heck), because I'm sure something equally awesome is coming. Maybe the same woods and models, maybe not, but it'll be cool.
Maybe as there is an abundace of that wood in Brazil, and an old farm building inc the land can be bought as cheap as chips with no documentation issues. I hope for your sake its not another batch of the same ; as it is supposed to be limited to run of 600.

Stevie, I hope you`re not equating used with cheap as chips. That would just be wrong. Good wood is good wood, and the provenance is not as important the final sound. a friend of mine is an absolute PRS hound. He knew Paul growing up, and he has substantial disposable income. We played at an open mike a few weeks ago, and he brought 2 guitars to show me, a drop dead gorgeous 97 CE 24, and an Reclaimed CE 24. We both played them both, on different styles of tunes. His technique is such that I really preferred the sound of the RCL when HE played it. In my hands, I preferred the old CE. Dismissing the guitar just means you didn`t like it, not that it's rubbish. My two favorite guitars are a core and an SE. Bag the price issue, and leave your prejudice at the door. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Maybe as there is an abundace of that wood in Brazil, and an old farm building inc the land can be bought as cheap as chips with no documentation issues. I hope for your sake its not another batch of the same ; as it is supposed to be limited to run of 600.
Clearly, you've never played one, much less seen one in person, otherwise, even if the aesthetics aren't appealing to you, you'd recognize and appreciate the PRS quality in build and workmanship. Otherwise...
*me looking up my recipe for chocolate cream pie*

Clearly, you've never played one, much less seen one in person, otherwise, even if the aesthetics aren't appealing to you, you'd recognize and appreciate the PRS quality in build and workmanship. Otherwise...
*me looking up my recipe for chocolate cream pie*

I'll have a piece!

Stevie, I hope you`re not equating used with cheap as chips. That would just be wrong. Good wood is good wood, and the provenance is not as important the final sound. a friend of mine is an absolute PRS hound. He knew Paul growing up, and he has substantial disposable income. We played at an open mike a few weeks ago, and he brought 2 guitars to show me, a drop dead gorgeous 97 CE 24, and an Reclaimed CE 24. We both played them both, on different styles of tunes. His technique is such that I really preferred the sound of the RCL when HE played it. In my hands, I preferred the old CE. Dismissing the guitar just means you didn`t like it, not that it's rubbish. My two favorite guitars are a core and an SE. Bag the price issue, and leave your prejudice at the door. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Thank you for story yes beauty is in the eye of the beholder and "ones mans meat is another mans poison" but in my opinion, well made , like all PRS guitars look good,(except the nail holes) but [trolling content removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for story yes beauty is in the eye of the beholder and "ones mans meat is another mans poison" but in my opinion, well made , like all PRS guitars look good,(except the nail holes) but [trolling content removed]
Well, this used to be a nice thread but looks like it's been trolljacked. Do we have to pie it, or can we go back to what it was?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back