Have you guys seen the Reclaimed CE and Semi Hollow Vela?

It's only been like one month since my first PRS, second one got here last week and now this!!! :eek:

WHY... MUST... I... WANT... THEM... ALL????

Hmmm... wonder if Sweetwater is offering the 0% financing for these?

It's only been like one month since my first PRS, second one got here last week and now this!!! :eek:

WHY... MUST... I... WANT... THEM... ALL????

Hmmm... wonder if Sweetwater is offering the 0% financing for these?
I talked to my guy and if you charge it now it would be 0%. Sorry I made you cement this purchase right away :p

I talked to my guy and if you charge it now it would be 0%. Sorry I made you cement this purchase right away :p
DAMN YOU!!!! :mad:

Sorry, I mean THANKS!!! :rolleyes: Now why am I not digging on that Vela? What am I missing? It seems to be a very popular choice for many. And congrats to those who have called dibs on their very own!! I watched Andertons vid review and they admit it is a shape that some will either love or not. Maybe I need to look into it some more because it's definitely different than anything I've got in my shed.

Last edited:
Got the vela on hold! Now i'm just wondering about the pickups, i've never played the vela (nor anything with the starla pickup).

Ordered!

First core(-ish? Does CE count?)

Hoping for something really interesting looking, cause I know it'll play and sound amazing.

The current CE is sort of a hodgepodge of the S2 and core lines to my understanding and based on my correspondence with Matt at PRS, but mine (after minor action adjustments) definitely plays on the level of my cores. Especially at the prices of these reclaimed versions, it is well worth the money.

Beautiful guitars! I've been jonesing for a new CE since they were introduced, but I don't think I'll be able to swing it with the wife, having just bought my SC245 and Vela in the past three months... and kitchen, bathroom and entrance way reno's coming this spring...

I have toyed with the idea of buying a Vela ever since they came out. It is a unique guitar in the PRS line-up in the sense that there is no analog (and never was, unlike Starla and Mira) in the SE nor Core line-up, it is a different body shape, and it seems to be the first PRS that truly chases some of that Tele sound.

In fact, I was just looking at a few whilst browsing Reverb for interesting models. This SH Reclaimed Vela should be very interesting...
My friend who is a gigging guitarist and a Tele guy and is very hard to please, loves his Vela (although he doesn't think of it as a Tele -- nothing is a Tele, not a G&L whatever Tele-alike, not the Parker Nitefly -- he sold me his, indirectly -- NUTHING -- except a Tele...well, alright, there are a few independent builders that he's alright with...).

Yesterday when the announcement came out I called my PRS dealer IMMEDIATELY and told him I wanted a Vela. He then proceeded to try and reach his PRS Rep and the factory to get the order in. I hope a get a very visually distinctive good looking one.

ps I hope the price is ballpark with a normal Vela. I'm not paying double for one of these.

Yesterday when the announcement came out I called my PRS dealer IMMEDIATELY and told him I wanted a Vela. He then proceeded to try and reach his PRS Rep and the factory to get the order in. I hope a get a very visually distinctive good looking one.

ps I hope the price is ballpark with a normal Vela. I'm not paying double for one of these.

Look back a few posts - Shawn posted the numbers. But you're right - you're not paying double! (It's better - not worse...)

Beautiful, those....

Question though: The Vela is already extremely light. With more weight removed from the body, just how neck heavy is it going to be??
I would imagine they'll be pretty similar to the Mira Semi-Hollow. Not sure how these reclaimed woods will affect the weight.

Back