Have you guys seen the Reclaimed CE and Semi Hollow Vela?

I actually sold mine already because I need to raise money and I can only sell what others are really interested in. But I didn't want to be a d*ck about it so I sold it for exactly what I had into it to a guy who got the memo too late and couldn't get one before they sold out. Not a big deal because I still have a lot of guitars and the Vela wouldn't ever get played much if it stayed with me. Great guitar, but I have a metalhead reputation to maintain.
This is classy. Props to you.

Meanwhile, on Reverb RLCE24s listed for $750 over MAP...

This one is for you long suffering Reclaimed folks. It appears our last batch of wood has been dried and we are ready to start building.
IMG_3504.JPG
IMG_3505.JPG

You guys are enablers, you know that?

CtyjVmS.jpg

I picked this up today; surprisingly, it was hanging on the wall in the store where I found it... this might well have been the last unsold CE24 in Canada - fortunately, the store I bought it from doesn't ship guitars (apparently, they'd had a few calls about this one from out-of-towners already)...

Lucky me! :D

unfortunately, I'm out of room for guitars, so I'll have to give up one of my Miras to accommodate this one... a worthy sacrifice, me thinks, but sad nonetheless... hate to let either of them go... :(

CtyjVmS.jpg

I picked this up today; surprisingly, it was hanging on the wall in the store where I found it... this might well have been the last unsold CE24 in Canada - fortunately, the store I bought it from doesn't ship guitars (apparently, they'd had a few calls about this one from out-of-towners already)...

unfortunately, I'm out of room for guitars, so I'll have to give up one of my Miras to accommodate this one... a worthy sacrifice, me thinks, but sad nonetheless... hate to let either of them go... :(

Good score. That guitar was wondering when you were going to get around to showing up evidently.

CtyjVmS.jpg

Enablers? Here? No way! :D

Congrats on your score!

Make sure you bond with it before you ship something out the door. We don`t want another Dr. Doom incident

ap3BVYk.jpg
ts3cFpc.jpg

ywavIzF.jpg

It's a beautiful guitar... Tonally, it's very articulate and airy and has a lot of snap and spank; I'm thinking it has to do with the woods along with the semi-hollow structure and help from the bolt-on neck... It's bright and clear and kind of ... breathy, for lack of a better word... I really like it; it's a nice contrast to some of the other guitars in my stable... of course, it plays beautifully... The trem arm feels a little long for me though; I don't know if it's bent at a slightly different angle than the American trem or if it's just because I've been leaning on it a lot over the past day, but I'd like to get a shorter version... does anyone have a source for shortened trem arms that fit the PRS S2 trem?

I don't normally name my guitars; I've got Mira, Vela and Starla, of course, but I don't generally give my own names to the axes I own, probably because - sadly - years of parenthood and urbanite responsibility have pummeled the imagination from me... however, I decided last night that my CE24 RL would be named "Summer", because the triangle of nail holes behind the trem at the heel remind me of the Summer Triangle (which is an asterism - a sort of artificial constellation - made up of Vega, Altair and Deneb that is very visible in the summer sky).

2614-1.jpg

31cf7fd64048d8115fb4b2d804380faf1f575738_large.jpg

So ya, "Summer" it is.

I keep throwing offers at the Reclaimed CEs that are listed on Reverb. The seller with the highest listed price got tired of me quick and threatened to tattle on me :D This was with an offer at the normal MAP price.

Very beautiful guitars, all of them!
Got a chance to play both of the available ones. Well, tough decision...

No.1: Heavy figured top
It has a bit more bass and deep mids, sounds dry not as articulated as the other but you can feel the body resonates better.
Plugged in it sounds more tidy, sometimes compared to the other a bit like through a sock(just a little bit muffled) because there are less highs.

No.2: Even figured top
This one reacts a bit faster unplugged, resonates less but sounds very homogen.
Plugged in it is a whole lot brighter, needs more attention to sound clean and to not have unwanted highs.

What would you guys prefer?

Back