Have you guys seen the Reclaimed CE and Semi Hollow Vela?

We're all different. I don't associate PRS guitars with flat finishes, unmatched woods, etc.. no matter the source. I'm sure they are the same wonderful guitars we all love in name, but for me personally, I'm just not much for that look. They remind me of the 400 buck LP Jr.s with the porous finishes..

First my Vela takes a 3 day hiatus in Memphis, now it stopped in Chicago to play the blues.

One day, my hung over and on the lamb Vela will finally arrive. I just hope it doesn't reek of cigarettes and coconut oil from the shady dives it's been hanging in on the way here.

Man I can't believe what they are asking for these on Reverb now.
2 - 3 times the original pricing :eek: There are two Velas and a CE up there now all over $3000.

I am so glad I snagged my Vela when I did... still loving the type D single coil and I'm getting used to the Starla humbucker. It's a lot of fun to play.

-Jim

2 - 3 times the original pricing :eek: There are two Velas and a CE up there now all over $3000.

I am so glad I snagged my Vela when I did... still loving the type D single coil and I'm getting used to the Starla humbucker. It's a lot of fun to play.

-Jim

Them sellers are being delusional.
For that price, I would much rather get an AP or WL PRS.

Here is my mea culpa for being a dumb ass

View attachment 4882 View attachment 4883

OMG. I've had my Vela Reclaimed now for about two weeks, LOVING it. Plays and sounds fantastic!

Anyway, just for fun last night, I went back and skimmed thru the entire 36-page "Have You Guys Seen..." thread, looking for my own pre-production Vela posted by Shawn. (Sure, right... What are the chances?!)

And... WOW. There on page 12 was my Vela! With all the nail holes and "birthmarks" in place in Shawn's lower photo!!! I'm really enjoying the visual details going on all across the top here, and I'm thrilled because I really wanted one with "stuff" going on!

86IvziU.jpg

Here's some photos of mine...

DH4kUHu.jpg

pFk4scV.jpg

Last edited:
OMG. I've had my Vela Reclaimed now for about two weeks, LOVING it. Plays and sounds fantastic!

Anyway, just for fun last night, I went back and skimmed thru the entire 36-page "Have You Guys Seen..." thread, looking for my own pre-production Vela posted by Shawn. (Sure, right... What are the chances?!)

And... WOW. There on page 12 was my Vela! With all the nail holes and "birthmarks" in place in Shawn's lower photo!!! I'm really enjoying the visual details going on all across the top here, and I'm thrilled because I really wanted one with "stuff" going on!

I can easily say you have the best looking top so far, love it!

I can easily say you have the best looking top so far, love it!
Thanks! Yeah, I feel SO lucky, so blessed with the one I received. Ha, even two weeks later, I still can't stop checking it out—in-between all the playing, of course!

That said, I have to add that it sounds and plays as good as it looks. GREAT guitar, PRS!!!

Last edited:

That's awesome!

-Jim

Yes, but asking and getting are two different things .....

Hey guys,
I`m new here. I have been looking for a PRS for a while but this limited run, I can`t wait anymore! :D
They`re slowly coming to Europe as it seems(I`m from Germany) and some are still available.
I`v seen one(two?) on ebay Kleinanzeigen (unfortunately I don`t have enough posts to post you guys a link) and they`re both stunning. There are some more pictures, just google for it.
Problem is, I can`t decide which one to take...(ONE ;))
So I thought I might ask you as some of you already have theirs. Is there a difference in sound depending on the woods / their grain?
Because the one is a pretty "flamed" top, the other has an almost consistent(is it the right word?).
It seems they are really light, pictures say 3,165 / 3,114 kg, 6,977 / 6,865lbs!
I`m looking forward what you guys prefer! :)
Greetings and good night! ;)
$_72.JPG

Not sure about the tonal differences, but I'd hop all over that top one!

Welcome to the Forum!

I agree with Bodia.

But at the same time every instrument is going to have its own personality. I'd always rather have a good cook over a pretty face, but then with PRS you often get both.

Reverb has a Reclaimed Vela on sale for....

Wait for it...

$650,000

https://reverb.com/item/4988728-paul-reed-smith-reclaimed-vela-2017-natural

I actually sold mine already because I need to raise money and I can only sell what others are really interested in. But I didn't want to be a d*ck about it so I sold it for exactly what I had into it to a guy who got the memo too late and couldn't get one before they sold out. Not a big deal because I still have a lot of guitars and the Vela wouldn't ever get played much if it stayed with me. Great guitar, but I have a metalhead reputation to maintain.

Back