Have you guys seen the Reclaimed CE and Semi Hollow Vela?

Just got a call from my Sweetwater rep, and he told me these should be available by Gear Fest in June, so I should have it by the end of June. Pretty disappointed since I've been seeing other Sweetwater customers get theirs. My rep has confirmed a number of times that there's a Vela with my name on it, so I did get in before the cutoff. I was hoping he was calling to let me know mine was available! I guess the fact that I didn't order until 2 days after they started taking pre-orders may be making a difference. Anyway, just thought I'd share in case this info might help anyone else. Keep the pics and glowing reviews coming! It's only making me more excited to get mine!

Mine is probably the same way, my rep said I barely made it in when I ordered.
I guess I will just have to be patient, in the meanwhile I am GASing hard for a SC 594...

Mentioned earlier in this thread by Shawn from PRS, so this is OK to repeat, I assume:

$1599 for the CE, $1249 for the Vela.

Good luck finding one though! They got scarfed up pretty quick, there are rare ones on Reverb, sometimes at inflated prices...

I know you have to consider import duties and shipping cost, but the vela over in England was £1299, and I think the CE was £1699. Maybe I should have bought mine in the US and with the price difference I could have flown out to the US on a cheap flight and pick it up myself :p

Just got a call from my Sweetwater rep, and he told me these should be available by Gear Fest in June, so I should have it by the end of June. Pretty disappointed since I've been seeing other Sweetwater customers get theirs. My rep has confirmed a number of times that there's a Vela with my name on it, so I did get in before the cutoff. I was hoping he was calling to let me know mine was available! I guess the fact that I didn't order until 2 days after they started taking pre-orders may be making a difference. Anyway, just thought I'd share in case this info might help anyone else. Keep the pics and glowing reviews coming! It's only making me more excited to get mine!

This is me too....

Mine is probably the same way, my rep said I barely made it in when I ordered.
I guess I will just have to be patient, in the meanwhile I am GASing hard for a SC 594...

You should be. I had one delivered today. It is EVERYTHING people make it out to be!

After much searching and one deal that fell through because there was some question if this dealer would receive another CE 24 I lucked out this afternoon and found one. I was bummed all day after finding out about the first one this morning. Went out to have a smoke this afternoon at work, started searching and BOOM there was a dealer with two CE 24s that they just posted. Ran back upstairs to my computer and called the dealer to verify. He waited while I looked at the two online and made my choice. Refreshed the page of the one I didn't pick an hour later and it was gone too.

So excited and feeling pretty lucky too. I had basically conceded that it just wasn't meant to be. Now Im expecting delivery early next week. Wood isn't quite as distinct as some that have been posted here but still a beautiful instrument. This is my first PRS. I fought off the urge to buy a regular CE 24 but when I saw these it was over. Can't wait for this baby to show up next week.

After much searching and one deal that fell through because there was some question if this dealer would receive another CE 24 I lucked out this afternoon and found one. I was bummed all day after finding out about the first one this morning. Went out to have a smoke this afternoon at work, started searching and BOOM there was a dealer with two CE 24s that they just posted. Ran back upstairs to my computer and called the dealer to verify. He waited while I looked at the two online and made my choice. Refreshed the page of the one I didn't pick an hour later and it was gone too.

So excited and feeling pretty lucky too. I had basically conceded that it just wasn't meant to be. Now Im expecting delivery early next week. Wood isn't quite as distinct as some that have been posted here but still a beautiful instrument. This is my first PRS. I fought off the urge to buy a regular CE 24 but when I saw these it was over. Can't wait for this baby to show up next week.

Congrats on your good fortune, and you first PRS. And, welcome to the Forum!

Yeah, congrats! These guitars are all unique works of art, regardless of how crazy or "plain" the tops look. They have certainly set a huge benchmark in how to do a limited run of a very different type of guitar successfully, IMHO. I can't wait for the next surprise PRS springs upon us! (Although my wallet says "I can wait! Please! Just a few months?")

The sun washed out all of the grain in this shot, but for those still waiting...it's well worth the wait. :cool:

vela-sun.jpg

My Reclaimed Limited CE24 (AKA Sergio's future CE24) is finally here! These guitars are just so cool!

8C0BBAFE-D12E-4DCA-9E1D-8E166B3117A5_zpss7wldff3.jpg

I just love the little details on this one...like the dark stripe right through the volume knob...

And the little nail hole right through the edge of the top (maybe I can hang my keychain here...:)).

C52D759B-554C-40F7-9E01-727BB84C0828_zpsl8bubxnz.jpg

There is a (difficult to photograph) subtle flame figure to the fretboard...

E6EBD195-7745-4587-BF69-82A07B0D0268_zpshsv7uxhl.jpg

Beautiful one piece mahogany back...and I love the raw feel of the sating nitro finish...

E76CB686-9913-4A56-B8AA-163F183ECCD7_zpsuzsuifgz.jpg

My Reclaimed Limited CE24 (AKA Sergio's future CE24) is finally here! These guitars are just so cool!

8C0BBAFE-D12E-4DCA-9E1D-8E166B3117A5_zpss7wldff3.jpg

I just love the little details on this one...like the dark stripe right through the volume knob...

And the little nail hole right through the edge of the top (maybe I can hang my keychain here...:)).

C52D759B-554C-40F7-9E01-727BB84C0828_zpsl8bubxnz.jpg

There is a (difficult to photograph) subtle flame figure to the fretboard...

E6EBD195-7745-4587-BF69-82A07B0D0268_zpshsv7uxhl.jpg

Beautiful one piece mahogany back...and I love the raw feel of the sating nitro finish...

E76CB686-9913-4A56-B8AA-163F183ECCD7_zpsuzsuifgz.jpg

I have a feeling you're not gonna let that one go. :(

Bangin'! guitar, Mark.

I'm actually considering putting my Vela out there for sale. It's a really cool guitar, but it just isn't doing it for me. This is more my fault than any fault of the guitar's....I'm just super picky. I was hoping it would be a bit more Tele-esque than it really is.

My first post here as I await my Reclaimed Limited CE 24. UPS will be delivering my new baby tomorrow! The anticipation is killing me! I will be back tomorrow night to post pics.

Back