Have you guys seen the Reclaimed CE and Semi Hollow Vela?

Nah, they are for distribution in the French-speaking parts of The United States, "Etats-Unis".

:p

Just kidding! I have no idea!
Are we still considering the UK as part of the EU? ;)

Andertons claimed in the video that they have sold dozens of them...

Pricing on these bad boys???
Mentioned earlier in this thread by Shawn from PRS, so this is OK to repeat, I assume:

$1599 for the CE, $1249 for the Vela.

Good luck finding one though! They got scarfed up pretty quick, there are rare ones on Reverb, sometimes at inflated prices...

I got the call a couple of weeks ago that mine had come in. Bad news was delivery time would be the day I was leaving for Florida (Tampa Bay Blues Festival). So had to postpone shipment. I made it back home last night. My dealer called yesterday morning making sure to go ahead and ship my Vela. So now I'm just waiting till tomorrow for delivery. Love seeing all the NGD posts. It really helped me with the wait. Buddy Guy, Tab Benoit Albert Cummings helped a lot too.

Brian sent me a pic of my incoming CE.
Looks like it's gonna "nail" the tones I'm after!
33979830735_4033dae05a_h.jpg

Last edited:
Are we still considering the UK as part of the EU? ;)

Andertons claimed in the video that they have sold dozens of them...
Howdy! Back from the U.K. I paid a visit to Andertons and spoke to Captain Lee about the reclaimed guitars. They had originally ordered 10 of each and had pretty much sold them all on preorder by the end of the first weekend. They were able to increase their order but my understanding is that they have buyers for them.

Nice guy. We chatted about guitars and beer for about 15 minutes. There was a real nice Marshall Silver Jubilee Head/Cabinet there. Shipping it would probably cost a fortune though...

Just got a call from my Sweetwater rep, and he told me these should be available by Gear Fest in June, so I should have it by the end of June. Pretty disappointed since I've been seeing other Sweetwater customers get theirs. My rep has confirmed a number of times that there's a Vela with my name on it, so I did get in before the cutoff. I was hoping he was calling to let me know mine was available! I guess the fact that I didn't order until 2 days after they started taking pre-orders may be making a difference. Anyway, just thought I'd share in case this info might help anyone else. Keep the pics and glowing reviews coming! It's only making me more excited to get mine!

Just got a call from my Sweetwater rep, and he told me these should be available by Gear Fest in June, so I should have it by the end of June. Pretty disappointed since I've been seeing other Sweetwater customers get theirs. My rep has confirmed a number of times that there's a Vela with my name on it, so I did get in before the cutoff. I was hoping he was calling to let me know mine was available! I guess the fact that I didn't order until 2 days after they started taking pre-orders may be making a difference. Anyway, just thought I'd share in case this info might help anyone else. Keep the pics and glowing reviews coming! It's only making me more excited to get mine!

They went like "WHOOOOSH". I ordered mine five hours after the initial announcement and was the fourth person @ Sweetwater and waited. Worth it.

Don't sweat it. They were telling me end of May/early June - just days before they send the 'yours is on its way' email.

Back