Have you guys seen the Reclaimed CE and Semi Hollow Vela?

Minute 37... All is enjoyable, but guess who appears...

Yeah, saw that one Tuesday night (the day before my guitar arrived), I was hoping that they go into the reclaimed guitars a bit more. I am heading to England this weekend, with a side trip to Guildford to visit Andertons (hopefully the Captain will be there...). :)

These guitars are on their way to good homes
IMG_2917.JPG
IMG_2919.JPG
IMG_2920.JPG
IMG_2922.JPG

Those look amazing! And once again Shawn, thanks for posting all these great shots of this fascinating line of guitars! I am so glad I reacted when I did and got a pre-order in.

So yeah, as suggested, perhaps a P245 semi-hollow run of Reclaimed wood? Something with a piezo, just so I can get that awesome woody tone "pseudo-acoustically". A different set of woods is fine, maybe even preferable just for the differentiation...

Last edited:
Those look amazing! And once again Shawn, thanks for posting all these great shots of this fascinating line of guitars! I am so glad I reacted when I did and got a pre-order in.

So yeah, as suggested, perhaps a P245 semi-hollow run of Reclaimed wood? Something with a piezo, just so I can get that awesome woody tone "pseudo-acoustically". A different set of woods is fine, maybe even preferable just for the differentiation...
Yeah, unless somebody beat me to it I think I came up with that combo. Neck's gotta be a wide fatty Shawn!:D

238649-front-large.jpg

238649-body-large.jpg

238649-angle-large.jpg

238649-detail2-large.jpg

238649-backbody-large.jpg

Hi everyone,

New guy here. I've been following all of these amazing instruments everyone has been posting. Finally I'm able to post my own. Sweetwater just sent me these. Very cool top IMHO with a nice light colored back which almost matches the back of the neck. Cannot wait to get it. Enjoy!

238649-front-large.jpg

238649-body-large.jpg

238649-angle-large.jpg

238649-detail2-large.jpg

Hi everyone,

New guy here. I've been following all of these amazing instruments everyone has been posting. Finally I'm able to post my own. Sweetwater just sent me these. Very cool top IMHO with a nice light colored back which almost matches the back of the neck. Cannot wait to get it. Enjoy!

Nice Character

238649-front-large.jpg

238649-body-large.jpg

238649-angle-large.jpg

238649-detail2-large.jpg

Hi everyone,

Dig this!

I'm curious how far into the build/run they are at this point. Seems like more Vela's are already in hands of peeps versus CE24s.
Of course I'm asking because my hand is currently empty. :( .

Back