Have you guys seen the Reclaimed CE and Semi Hollow Vela?

Gah! And I was just about to complain that I missed the satin Vela ordering window...
I have toyed with the idea of buying a Vela ever since they came out. It is a unique guitar in the PRS line-up in the sense that there is no analog (and never was, unlike Starla and Mira) in the SE nor Core line-up, it is a different body shape, and it seems to be the first PRS that truly chases some of that Tele sound.

In fact, I was just looking at a few whilst browsing Reverb for interesting models. This SH Reclaimed Vela should be very interesting...

Man, now I'm stoked for "late-May".

Could anyone PM me with the CE price?
PMed, but for everyone else:

As soon as these get fully into retailer systems the street pricing will be on their websites. So don't panic! I doubt the pre-order limit of 600 will be hit before then!

Hey Shawn, is that 600 total, or 600 each model type? I'm thinking total, because there is only so much wood, and it doesn't matter what the split of Vela vs CE is for orders.

Beautiful, those....

Question though: The Vela is already extremely light. With more weight removed from the body, just how neck heavy is it going to be??

Damn! I should have ordered in the first place too! I started explaining her... :oops:
My way is a good way to get yourself killed..so don't do that lol! Seriously tho my wife totally understands and just wants our bills paid off each month. :D

I have a Vela reserved at Sweetwater. Couldn't guarantee one born in my birthday (Bummer) but that's ok. Been wanting a Vela since their debut. I'm glad I waited now.

I'm glad I talked to dealer before you revealed th price for the CE24. I wouldn't be able to make a decision. I wish I'd been born Rich instead of so damn good looking.

I aimed to a CE but I've just found out that neck shape is pattern thin, which I don't like.
Vela is pattern regular... Is that the same profile as core pattern?
Damn! I have so much GAS right now... That Vela never caught my attention, that body shape is weird... but like the concept, a different sound... and this limited edition...oh, no... oh, no... Am I going to sin? I need help... :oops:

I'm going to break the rules here: The CE is $1599 and the Vela is $1249

600 pieces total, so get your orders in early. At the rate the orders are coming in, I predict we will sell out within a couple of days.

Welp...now we have a topic for tonight's dinner conversation...

I'm going to break the rules here: The CE is $1599 and the Vela is $1249

600 pieces total, so get your orders in early. At the rate the orders are coming in, I predict we will sell out within a couple of days.

Wow, I'm impressed at that pricing. Michael must've gotten the wood for free! :p

I keep revisiting the Vela pics. I think I'll have dreams about that thing.

Back