Have you found "THE One"??? I think I have....

Brotherhood is even better than the original. Highly recommend. They finally put the last season of it on Netflix a couple months ago.

Agreed, and I even liked the first series when I first saw it. Still, some of the parts where they deviated from got weird in hindsight.

If you have a chance, watch the extras/outtakes for Brotherhood. They're hilarious.

So, I've waffled on posting an answer in this thread since the day the thread started. My newer C24 is the best playing and feeling guitar I've ever had my hands on. Simply incredible. But my 25th Anniversary C22 Semi Hollow LTD plays like a dream, has the awesome fat tone, has 57/08s which sound great tapped as well. Then there is the NF3. Best neck ever. Totally killer versatile tones. Do anything guitar. Seriously, metal to clean country to blues to classic to hard rock to ANYTHING.

So how could I pick "THE one?" Well, there is one that is very clearly the one of all the others I've ever owned, or played or even heard. And it is....

The Archon!

I sat in the studio for about an hour last night writing another idea out. It came from the S2 McCartyburst. It was VERY different than the last piece that was given. I am kind of excited to start recording some of these to see if they are as "golden" as they feel now. A lot of them are going to have to be "vocal" songs - which I prefer doing anyway - so I will have to get with a collaborator at some point to see if anything can be done with what has been "born".

What will be interesting to see is, as I move INTO the recording phase on a couple of these pieces, will the "magical" guitar be the only one that seems "right" on the track - or will the ideas transfer better sonically on different guitars. THAT is where it is killer to have a variety of instruments....

Sure, the idea was developed/written on the S2 - but maybe the BEST sound for the part comes from the MC58 with both pickups tapped. Maybe the best sound for the part comes from my Esquire....THAT is why I could never have just one guitar total. But I am looking forward to seeing what will happen once tracking starts.

I have a many guitar wives......... but she’s THE ONE ! 1990 CU24

IXXSZNL.jpg
SMhJBzN.jpg
IEfMSze.jpg

Back