Have you experienced "Rosewood treatment of extreme awesomeness" from the PTC?

PRSHB2

I am considering having the BRW neck treatment done when I ship my ME1 off to the PTC to have the finish turned glossy. Has anybody here had this done? If so, what differences did you see or feel when you got your guitar back? Would you do it again?

Thanks!!!

Ive heard from customers and techs alike that it is nothing short of lifechanging. Take that information as you may..... haha

The name surely says it all. Rumor has it they use Unicorn Spleen Oil. ;) That would explain the fact that it changes peoples lives.

Just curious. Are you saying you want to change the satin sunk-in finish to a glossy?

Just curious. Are you saying you want to change the satin sunk-in finish to a glossy?
Yep, I'm going to have this guitar turned glossy. Faded FBJ and all. Sorry for the shadows.

i-7sN2NCX-X2.jpg

I assume the guitar is back. Any updates on the neck treatment? My PTC RMA box for my ME1 is out for delivery today :)

Funny you brought this up. We're making a new guitar for Carlos and Lenny just did the rosewood treatment of extreme awesomeness on the guitar for Mr. Santana

Treatment of extreme awesomeness?...

You gotta give a little better explanation than that if you expect people to pay for it.

I know the initial rosewood limited guitars had finished rosewood necks. Starting with the MEI's they were unfinished. Is this new treatment somewhere in between or what?

First of all, I just love the ME1 satin finish. I wish PRS could still be offering that kind of finish, anyway.
I have. ME SCT that went to PTC for tweaks and up grades and the neck came to me like a velvet touch.
They way I see it, you can see and feel the difference but nothing very big or impressive until you turn up the volume and jam. It's like a F1 car, any tweak improves the performance, but you can only see them when you're driving full throttle

First of all, I just love the ME1 satin finish. I wish PRS could still be offering that kind of finish, anyway.
I have. ME SCT that went to PTC for tweaks and up grades and the neck came to me like a velvet touch.
They way I see it, you can see and feel the difference but nothing very big or impressive until you turn up the volume and jam. It's like a F1 car, any tweak improves the performance, but you can only see them when you're driving full throttle

Vroom!

While the neck of my '02 McRosie stayed really dark over the years, the rosewood on my former SCT IRW, now SCF, bleached out very much and turned from dark brown to a very light reddish brown. So my slightly unrealistic expectations were that this treatment might regain some of its original colour, which it didn't. But otherwise the results are quite amazing:

The neck feels extremely smooth, the surface looks almost shiny and by the reek of it lots of linseed oil was involved in this treatment.

While the neck of my '02 McRosie stayed really dark over the years, the rosewood on my former SCT IRW, now SCF, bleached out very much and turned from dark brown to a very light reddish brown. So my slightly unrealistic expectations were that this treatment might regain some of its original colour, which it didn't. But otherwise the results are quite amazing:

The neck feels extremely smooth, the surface looks almost shiny and by the reek of it lots of linseed oil was involved in this treatment.
Nice. I take it you like it better than how it was before?

Back