Have You Cut the Cord???

Another G30 user. I got it originally because I run sound from the stage. But, now that I have it, I cannot tell you how much I truly love the freedom.

Crowded stage wut another guitar player? No problemo.
Need to hear what it sounds like FOH? No problemo.
Wanna wank in front of that cute girl at the table a row or two back? No problemo!

I use rechargeable batteries. They last two gigs.

The right ones are awesome!
Eneloop!
Another G30 user. I got it originally because I run sound from the stage. But, now that I have it, I cannot tell you how much I truly love the freedom.

Crowded stage wut another guitar player? No problemo.
Need to hear what it sounds like FOH? No problemo.
Wanna wank in front of that cute girl at the table a row or two back? No problemo!

I use rechargeable batteries. They last two gigs.
Same experience and use case for me. Too much fun!

Last night we had 4 guitarists and a bass. I like to walk all over and interact during songs and there was no interference at all w anyones electronics or the mixing board. In fact there were numerous compliments on the sound coming out of my sc semihollow employee guit. No diff than w a cord and we did 3 hours straight. Whatever system one uses I can't see any reason all would not go wireless always.

My cord has been cut for a long, long time. For years I was using an AKG SR DW 1000, but I recently switched to an AKG CSCSRX. The only thing that is ever caused any interference for me has been the TENS unit strapped to my back

I run Sennheiser wireless.

Never let's me down.

I have learned exactly how many gigs I have before the death of the batteries.

One more vote for the Line 6 G10. It is priceless. I have terrible eyesight and I love not tripping over a cable

So, when I bend over does the recording start? :eek:

According to string theory, there may be other dimensions, even universes; there are certainly billions of star systems.

It’s possible that somewhere in this vast multiverse, some being would want to record that.

I wouldn’t count on it, but hey, anything’s possible. :confused:

I'm still old school. If I ever play out again I'll look into those new fangled thingamagiggers...

I've been using an Xvive system for a few months now, several maybe? One receiver in the tuner at the start of my pedal chain and three transmitters, one for each of my electric guitars. Got into them after I bought a few really nice and really pricy PRS cables, which I still have, but almost never use.

People are referring to these new little wireless systems as bluetooth, but they're not. They're wi-fi. They're getting REALLY cheap too. And for my purposes they work brilliantly, given that my purposes are very limited.

-Ray

PS, I haven't been around - after I sold my 594 for being unable to play it comfortably I just sort of drifted away. Got an email about some thread I guess I was watching several months ago, and checked in, so I thought I'd say hi...

G10 here too. I got given a Spider V to review and they bundled a G10 transmitter in with the amp so I could try out ALL it's features. I was blown away, normally I'd not want to risk wasting money but the G10 was fantastic, I bought one for my tube amp right away. I use the 18v 100mah output on my 1spot CS7 with a step down5v adapter to power it via it's USB port.

One of the other cool things is that the G10 receiver has dual outputs, a regular instrument plus a XLR. So you can send a dry signal to your computer for using with modeling software or if you use them for practice Rocksmith, Yousician etc. Works great.

Performance wise it has slightly more treble than a long cable, the G10 emulates a 10ft cable. One of the benefits if you have single coils, P90's etc is that it cuts the guitar off at the output jack shortening what is essentially a long antenna, so those single coils might be quieter if your playing environment has a lot of noise. Other than that, no worries about small kids or dogs grabbing the cable and yanking the guitar I have temporarily on a stand on my desk while I'm answering the phone, door or going for a slash.

There are very few negatives except that I got mine in 2016 when they first came out and the life of the battery is noticeably shorter. According to the internet you can replace the battery for $5 - $10 if you have a precision screwdriver and a soldering iron.

This video has a nice intro of the G10 transmitter being used with the Spider V60 at the start.

According to string theory, there may be other dimensions, even universes; there are certainly billions of star systems.

It’s possible that somewhere in this vast multiverse, some being would want to record that.

I wouldn’t count on it, but hey, anything’s possible. :confused:
I read, “blah blah blah, Uranus...err...your anus”. Sorry bud, my brain is broken that way.

Being Hawaii, they won't ship here for what ever reason, most likely the Lithium batteries. SO..My lady bought my selected one, the NUX model yada yada (I don't remember), and had it shipped to her daughter in Texas and then she sent it to me. Living here is an ultra pain in the keist sometimes...!!

Back