Have You Cut the Cord???

Rockmark

Years ago I messed with a few of the wireless RF systems. Had one w the receiver on my board and it was stupid the space it took up. But the worst was always recharging the batteries or hearing them at the point of totally breaking up in the middle of play when in need of a charge. So for a long time now I've been back w the restrictive cord. Until about a month ago when I tried the newer generation blue tooth wireless. There are only two systems I'm aware of now but the receiver just plugs into wherever your cord would have gone into in your setup. It's the size of a silver dollar and not much bigger than the jack itself. The transmitter looks the same, just plug the jack into the guitar. Mine swivels and conforms nicely to the body of the instrument. The main thing though is 8 hours of play w no noticeable degradation in any of the sounds I listen for. For home, rehearsal out or medium venues this is great. So bottom line is I have at least for now, cut the cord whenever possible and feel free to roam the room again. Wondered how many out there believe in wireless and love it.

I started out with a 900/Samson bug. Liked it a lot until it broke.
Then went to Line6 G30 which is awesome, but the TX pack on my strap was becoming a bit of a PITA.
Then I got the Line6 G10, and life is good.

Funny, I started w the Samson too, ok I guess for the times. Now I have one called xvive that is working great and Boss just entered this a month or so ago. It looks more bulky though. No more battery packs to reconnect to straps every time you change guitars. Sooooo much better.

Someone is giving away a wireless system on the internet, just about every week now. I've put in for a few, but not ready to drop that kind of cash for at home only play.

I the use the Shure GLXD16G and like it a lot. I have 2 batteries and just swap them back and forth off the charger. Guessing I go 5-6 rehearsals before changing them at about 3 hours a crack. Really happy and the tuner is very accurate.

I'm strictly a home guy now unless someone comes knockin and I'm not holding my breath on that.. Cables are and have been a way of life since I started playing. Now, I'm thinking of getting one of those bluetooth wireless systems to remove the trip hazard round my living room. I hear reviews all over the place about the receiver / transmitter combinations, but it seems the more expensive, the better the units. I don't need a true wireless system at this time.

I'm strictly a home guy now unless someone comes knockin and I'm not holding my breath on that.. Cables are and have been a way of life since I started playing. Now, I'm thinking of getting one of those bluetooth wireless systems to remove the trip hazard round my living room. I hear reviews all over the place about the receiver / transmitter combinations, but it seems the more expensive, the better the units. I don't need a true wireless system at this time.

They are down to the $150 range now, unreal. For bluetooth. Less than a dinner date for two.

I use the Xvive U2 for both practice and on stage. When performing... I jump around...alot
I love it. Once I jumped so much that it popped the transmitter out of the socket, so now when I play on stage I throw a piece of tape over it. Lasts about 6 hours before recharge, so I just make sure it's fully charged before practice or a show. I always carry a cable as a back up but have never needed it.

They are down to the $150 range now, unreal. For bluetooth. Less than a dinner date for two.

How much do you eat? :p

I’ve seen some steakhouse I’d like to try that would approach that, but I dont think I’ve come close to that. But it takes a surprisingly small amount of food to keep this body going!

I tried wireless WAY back - ages ago - with an Nady system. It was horrible. A couple years back when I went full-on Helix, I tried wireless again. I got the Line 6 G50. I LOVE it!! I even use at home, lol.

I Had A Samson TD Concert Series wireless mid 80s. It was expensive as hell back then but it worked well. I still have it but don't use it.

I use a shure slx always mounted to my pedal board and about to add a Sennheiser g4 ew500 which will be mounted with my mixer. There is no way I could go back to wired, except as a backup.

Bluetooth and other 2.4GHz systems could be an issue at some gigs, if there is local interference. This might only show up when the room is full of smart phones.
Personally, I would avoid anything 2.4GHz based for any performance dependant device. (Fine at home etc.)

I like cords.

I like a little melody line too!;)

I’ve used a Nady 101 since the early 90’s. It got packed away in the cupboard for a number of years, whilst children got in the way of gigging. Got it out of the cupboard last year and it still worked as well as it always did! Bulletproof design I guess. It worked hard for a number of years.

Only criticism is that it tends to create more trebles, but a wee adjustment on the eq and we’re golden!

I like cords.
You haven’t even opened the box on your ‘new’ Line 6 G10 system! o_O I haven’t used a cord since I bought mine and I’m one Engineering-nerdy dude with strong opinions about this stuff (I know I’m the only one here like that, too ;)). Do I need to drive up there today and help you find your box cutter?

I the use the Shure GLXD16G and like it a lot. I have 2 batteries and just swap them back and forth off the charger. Guessing I go 5-6 rehearsals before changing them at about 3 hours a crack. Really happy and the tuner is very accurate.

+1 on Shure GLDX16G. I've had mine over a year and played in venues both indoors and outdoors with no problems. I too was worried about interference initially as many venues have wireless routers and etc. Hadn't had any issues w/ interference as the frequency is changed automatically when interference is detected (YMMV). The range is good, the transmitter is metal instead of plastic,and the rechargeable battery has a long life.The receiver is also a tuner so it saves space on my board too.

You haven’t even opened the box on your ‘new’ Line 6 G10 system! o_O I haven’t used a cord since I bought mine and I’m one Engineering-nerdy dude with strong opinions about this stuff (I know I’m the only one here like that, too ;)). Do I need to drive up there today and help you find your box cutter?

It’s true. :oops:

Now, I need to find where you’ve hidden that camera in my music room. :confused:

Back