Have we seen the MT100 yet?

Tremonti posted a pic

23vDZX2.jpeg
I just want to know who came up with that freakin' wallpaper!

I just want to know who came up with that freakin' wallpaper!
That's an early prototype there. The new one is a 3 channel, and the added (2nd) channel is the delay. Tremonti through something new in on them that he wanted, when they thought the amp was done. Tremonti decided instead of the two channel they had worked out, he wanted a third channel, and wanted the new one to be a D style voice. Apparently, that meant back to the drawing board while they created and then fine tuned this new d-umble style channel to his liking. A good D style channel could make this a must have for me as it would probably save me having to buy a D clone amp.

Have to say this is been like watching a pyramid being constructed, he's making John Mayer look like roadrunner, not that his amp was a commercial success though, so probably a bad analogy

Beep beep!

Just remember that the MDT never really had the "D" thing going (IMHO).

The Dumble style is a very specific circuit topology.

I don't want to sound like a downer, but I'm struggling to see how you could ever get a D-style circuit to co-exist with the rest of the gubbins in there.

I'd love it if it were, but I seriously doubt it.

I don't want to sound like a downer, but I'm struggling to see how you could ever get a D-style circuit to co-exist with the rest of the gubbins in there.

I'd love it if it were, but I seriously doubt it.
Yes.

The MDT is a great sounding amp, but Dumble it ain't.

While we all know that the transformers and all are important, PRS has not been shy in the past about adding a whole separate board inside the amp for a channel. What's one more board in there?

Frankly, I'm not very concerned about how dumble-correct it is. If it has about that gain range and sounds good, then I'll be happy. Very very happy.

There is a hole in the market there. 3 channel amps are common enough, but the cheaper ones tend to drop the ball on (at least) one of the channels. And the expensive ones are SO expensive.

Frankly, I'm not very concerned about how dumble-correct it is. If it has about that gain range and sounds good, then I'll be happy. Very very happy.

You have to try these things for yourself, and if they work for you, then that's a major win. No one else's opinion really matters if you're getting the tones and textures you've been looking for. My Two Rock CRS V1 is as close as I'll ever need to get to a Dumble, and I generally use it very sparingly: my TR Akoya and a variety of Boogies see far more action these days. Heck, I'm more likely to use a Hiwatt PA head than the CRS.

However, it comes back to definitions: the practicalities of getting any take on a recognised Dumble circuit to work optimally, and in what will inevitably be a hostile environment, are no small thing. Quite a few so-called D-style amps and pedals can barely touch the hem of the better-known original circuits; and most of these also-rans don't begin with the compromises this multi-channel amp will inevitably require.

OTOH, if you're perfectly happy using a Synergy chassis/amp containing OS and Uberschall modules, just to pick one example, this may be an amp that you should seriously consider; and yes, I am seriously considering it myself.

Dear PRS. Please add a true master ( systems) volume as well so we don't have to go deaf to use this one.

Back