Have we seen the MT100 yet?

Aahzz

Bluebeard Member
Tremonti posted a pic

23vDZX2.jpeg

Saw that today too. Not the first time we’ve seen a picture of it, but this is definitely the best picture of it yet so far.

So ... where can we hear it?
At Mark Tremonti's house. Need the address? :)

I'm betting it won't be long. They switched the Archon over to import, and dropped the 100, so I'm assuming this is the next one out.

Edit 8/15/2022- Big changes as the amp was supposedly all but market ready and Tremonti decided he wanted to add a third channel with a "D" voicing, and it was back the drawing board as they work to create a whole new channel and make it a 3 channel amp. Edited because my original post was accurate at the time but things changed dramatically since then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an archon but I'm going to lust for that amp. I can't tell what the toggle switch on the clean channel does, but if it toggles between infinite headroom and light breakup for the clean channel then I might have to sell the archon and get this instead.

Glad to see per-channel presence controls, the clean channel on the MT15 wants just a little more sparkle compared to the lead channel. Speaking of the clean channel, looks like the pull-boost on the treble is still there, and another toggle down low, thinking that might be to engage the D-style crunch that Mark said they were going to add. I wonder if those holes at the bottom of the panel on the clean are for the footswitch leads?

Are not the MT signature models amps just slightly tweaked Archon amps? I'm under the impression that the sequence of events which led up to these amps went something like this...

1. Tremonti is a long time endorser of MESA amps and uses them almost exclusively.
2. PRS invents the Archon amplifier and suddenly Tremonti loves the Archon so much that he decides to leave Mesa and openly praise the PRS Archon amplifier as though it is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
3. 10 minutes later Tremonti says, Yeah I really love the Archon, but I wouldn't mind seeing a few minor tweaks done to it, and then oh yeah... could you make it in a 15 watt lunchbox sized case and slap my name on it as a signature model amp?
4. The assumption that a 100 watt version amplifier (an MT 100) should follow the 15 watt version and the speculation that one or more may already exist.
5. Present day: The guitar world equivalent of a genuine photo of bigfoot posing for a picture on top of a genuine crashed UFO... A photo of an MT 100 surfaces.

So, MT100... Just a tweaked Archon or something tonally unique which stands upon its own merits?

Are not the MT signature models amps just slightly tweaked Archon amps? I'm under the impression that the sequence of events which led up to these amps went something like this...

1. Tremonti is a long time endorser of MESA amps and uses them almost exclusively.
2. PRS invents the Archon amplifier and suddenly Tremonti loves the Archon so much that he decides to leave Mesa and openly praise the PRS Archon amplifier as though it is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
3. 10 minutes later Tremonti says, Yeah I really love the Archon, but I wouldn't mind seeing a few minor tweaks done to it, and then oh yeah... could you make it in a 15 watt lunchbox sized case and slap my name on it as a signature model amp?
4. The assumption that a 100 watt version amplifier (an MT 100) should follow the 15 watt version and the speculation that one or more may already exist.
5. Present day: The guitar world equivalent of a genuine photo of bigfoot posing for a picture on top of a genuine crashed UFO... A photo of an MT 100 surfaces.

So, MT100... Just a tweaked Archon or something tonally unique which stands upon its own merits?

It's a tweaked Archon, but depending on your preferences the tweaks could be really cool. The MT100 is more than just bigfoot. There's a video of Mark Tremonti talking about prototypes that he's played.

The archon is no longer made in USA, was moved to a lower price point, and the 100W is no longer offered. I think it's safe to say that this was done to make room for the MT100 in their line up as the 100W made in USA high gain amp.

So I went to a Tremonti concert tonight

54z58IH.jpg

Check out that amp he's playing through

GYvLAUw.jpg

qm7InJS.jpg

Best photos I could get, unfortunately. The knobs are in 3 groups of 6. 3 channel amp? Each channel has master, gain, treble, middle, bass, presence? The control plate design makes me pretty sure it's a PRS prototype amp. Based on the photo in the OP of a much more complete amp, I doubt this is what the MT100 will end up being. Too bad, because I'd love a 3 channel Archon.

They KILLED it tonight, btw. They sounded so amazing. In youtube videos of concerts I've seen, Mark's vocals have been pretty off pitch, but tonight they sounded spot on. They were opening for Sevendust; they sounded amazing too. Both bands were so tight. It was a really small venue, so I was able to be in about the 3rd row of people.

And check it out, I got a souvenir
ZwQSYce.jpg

End of the concert Mark threw a few picks into the audience. They didn't go far enough to get to me. As it flew by the person in front of me I crouched down to the floor. I had no idea if it had been caught or if it would be dropped. And then I saw it sitting there on the floor. I slammed my hand on top of it but the person next to me tried to get my hand off of it. He got my hand up, but couldn't grab it and hold me off. We both desperately grabbed at it but neither of us could get it from the other. He dropped the rest of the way to the floor and I thought he was sitting on it. But then it was in front of him and I put my left hand back on it. He pulled my hand off again, but I got my right hand around and slid it across the floor away from him and was finally able to pick it up. Absolute madness. He was very cool about it and we both agreed that it was an awesome concert. Mark didn't throw very many picks, so it seems insane that I got one.

I have an archon but I'm going to lust for that amp. I can't tell what the toggle switch on the clean channel does, but if it toggles between infinite headroom and light breakup for the clean channel then I might have to sell the archon and get this instead.

Completely a guess, but as I zoom in, it looks like the leftmost position of the switch might say "MT," so possibly toggling the architecture of the clean between several kindred PRS amps? MT clean, Archon clean, Sonzera clean, something like that?

Well, I mean, bear in mind that even players with signature models and high-profile endorsements use all kinds of gear. I'm no big-time Tremonti fan, so I don't really keep up with him, but last I knew – and this was when the MT15 was still pretty fresh – he was quite open about the fact that he got his core tone from running two different pedal/rack outputs, one into an MT15 and one into a Dual Rectifier (revision F or G, as I recall, which means somewhere between about 1994 and 2000).

Plus, big plus, the thing beneath the MT100 is an Omega Ampworks Granophyre, and (as Tom Bukovac would say) those are some bad, bad boys. I'm friendly with the head designer at Omega, he is a full-on, apostolically-intense worshipper and priest of heavy tone, and when you add a Granophyre (or any Omega) to your rig, you're changing it down to the molecular level. Check out https://omegaampworks.com/ – they don't sound like anything else.

From what he has said it appears to be finished in concept and just being road tested on this run now. I would suspect that if all goes well on this leg it will then go into production.

Back