Have the Santana specs changed for 2014?

shallbe

Shawn, Help! Have the Santana specs changed for 2014?

Looking at new dealer stock online, it appears so. But looking at the PRS website, the specs are the same.

The new stock online looks like a Santana II in terms of knob placement, and the neck carve is now described as a Santana Wide Fat instead of pattern.

What is the real scoop?

Last edited:
Where are these pics? I love the old knob placement, and would welcome their return.

I am bumping this because I also sent an email last week to PRS Customer Service and still have not received an answer. Shawn, can you help?

I am hoping Shawn will see this and answer. I emailed PRS Customer Service last week and have heard nothing. I am looking at a guitar online and gotta know.

Santana necks don't change they are a fat wide neck simaler to say a custom 22 or most of they older se models I had a Santana 1 and 2 the necks were exact

Santana necks don't change they are a fat wide neck simaler to say a custom 22 or most of they older se models I had a Santana 1 and 2 the necks were exact

Not true. Last year the Santana necks went to the smaller pattern carve, Many buyers did not like it. My question is whether they have gone back to the original bigger Santana neck carve?

Why can't I get an answer to these questions? I have emailed PRS and sent a message to Shawn as well. 2 weeks, no answer.

FYI I have just seen a Santana with a more recent serial number than the dealer stock you mention (though it is also stamped 2013). It still has the classic knob position (like CU24) so the one on the dealer stock might be an exception, unless they are experimenting or maybe they haven't yet decided the way to go. I have no informations on the neck but if you look closely on the dealer stock, even the 2013 santana are said to be santana neck so it may also be a typo.
Anyway I'd really like to see the Santana neck carve back again. It is just a matter of decision from PRS as all necks are done by CNC now. Just have to change the option on the CNC computer ! . Mine has a pattern neck and I'd buy a second one straight away if the new ones would have the Santana neck. This is my preferred guitar but I really miss the shoulders of my LPR9 neck.
Hope PRS reads me :)
Fred

Today's Private Stock Friday shows what looks like a production Santana with the old knob placement.

attachment.php

When I think Private Stock I think of crazy quilted tops and custom colors. that looks like a nice 10 top and a production color to me. I could be wrong, it's just a guess.

Anyone got any update and know if the 2014 model has a santana or a pattern neck shape ? the prs site specify "pattern" on the description and "santana" in the specs. This is more and more confusing.
Thanks
F

Back