Have nf pickups now building guitar to suit Any Rec?

Rapdog

Not sure if this is the right place for this but I just bought 3 nf pickups and have been wanting a nf3 or studio for quite some time. I acquired some nice quilted and flame Maple for the top but thought I would put it open for suggestions on the rest of the woods.

I have made about 20ish guitars so carve top is a definite.

Up for input

Color: I really like Aqua marine dragons breath but need to practice that one first. Tiger eye is high on list but not all maple is good for this. I like the fades but once the maple is shaped it deteines the stain take

Body shape: les Paul, Prs sc, Santana, or trad custom. I also have original designs.

So far I have flames maple or a Solid Indian rosewood neck stock. mafagascar rw, ebony, maple board?

Radius? 7.5 or 12?

Body options of Spanish cedar, ash, alder, mahogany, or black walnut (not high on the list). Limbs or Korina is also a fav

For inlays I like dots but may do other. I will see.

Pickups. 3 nf's with 5-way

Hardware: tone pros or graphtech bridge( have both). Tonepros kluson tuners. Bone nut.

Please feel free to chime in. This will be a leisurely build. Not in a. Hurry.

Cheers. JR

Cool!!

Maybe an important piece of information to all who recommend something: What kind of music do you play?

I play a bit of everything, not metal or heavy rock, but newish church music, hard rock, and blues. Ie switchfoot and thousand foot krutch and need to breathe are bands I like to play.

I am not a great player but enjoy the woodworking and creation process of building.

Back