Have at it boys and girls! DUMBLE!!! <UPDATE>

With this one, probably.
They sometimes post first and price later just to get the gear up on their site.
I just need the numbers before the comma. ;)

But, being able too, and being willing too, are two very different things. Those amps are in lala land for price. I've debated buying a Louis Electric Cobra, which is under $5K without the matching cab, and have a hard enough time justifying that. (And, it's brand new, has a warranty and probably sounds better)

But, being able too, and being willing too, are two very different things. Those amps are in lala land for price. I've debated buying a Louis Electric Cobra, which is under $5K without the matching cab, and have a hard enough time justifying that. (And, it's brand new, has a warranty and probably sounds better)
The LE Cobra is a great sounding ODS 183 clone, definitely worth the money. The Dumble, however, not worth it, IMO. What if you get a bad sounding one (which do exist)?

EDIT: Oh ****, that was my 4000th post. I'm getting old.

The LE Cobra is a great sounding ODS 183 clone, definitely worth the money. The Dumble, however, not worth it, IMO. What if you get a bad sounding one (which do exist)?

EDIT: Oh ****, that was my 4000th post. I'm getting old.
Agree completely. Of all the ones I've heard demonstrated, the one they cloned for the Cobra is my favorite anyway, so get a new one and know exactly what you're getting, and play that thing! $100K collectors items are not on my list of things to buy.

Congrats on 4K!

Louis Electric‘s home office and Lark St. Music are probably about 2 miles apart. The towns are right next to each other.
Nice field trip for you.

Agree completely. Of all the ones I've heard demonstrated, the one they cloned for the Cobra is my favorite anyway, so get a new one and know exactly what you're getting, and play that thing! $100K collectors items are not on my list of things to buy.

Congrats on 4K!
The ODS 183 is a high plate skyliner with EL34 tubes. Sounds awesome.

Looks like the back of the amp is stamped "0130" on the back of the chassis. Look to see if you can find a schematic for ODS 130 on the web.

EDIT: LOOK WHAT I FOUND.

https://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35541

Obviously an HRM circuit. The goop hides the preamp plate load resistors, so it's anybody's guess, but it's definitely not low plate. Either 220K/150K (high plate) or 150K/120K (Bluesmaster).

Last edited:
Looks like the back of the amp is stamped "0130" on the back of the chassis. Look to see if you can find a schematic for ODS 130 on the web.

EDIT: LOOK WHAT I FOUND.

https://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35541

Obviously an HRM circuit. The goop hides the preamp plate load resistors, so it's anybody's guess, but it's definitely not low plate. Either 220K/150K (high plate) or 150K/120K (Bluesmaster).

There we go! I looked over there but not deeply enough I suppose.

I've never really been interested by the HRM enough to look at the OD EQ board. It's almost underwhelming visually for what it does.

There we go! I looked over there but not deeply enough I suppose.

I've never really been interested by the HRM enough to look at the OD EQ board. It's almost underwhelming visually for what it does.
Because the HRM EQ is passive, it’s really just a way to lower the gain of the OD with custom contour. I wish the controls were adjustable from the outside, myself.

If I was to get a Dumble style amp again - I've had a handful - I'd get another Two-Rock.

Their tone suits my playing style. The cleans are magnificent, and the amps respond beautifully to the picking hand, even when overdriven.

Also, they're incredibly durable and well-built - as for that kind of coin they should be. In the dozen or so years I played them exclusively, nothing ever failed, whether I used them in my studio, or took them to other studios for sessions. Totally dependable, and that's worth a lot to me.

However, given my single channel amp preference, I'd also look hard at a Komet, an amp I've always liked, though it's a Trainwreck circuit, not a Dumble circuit.

Last edited:
My K&M LTD (early Two Rock) is getting a quick checkup at the moment and we're installing a set of EL34s in it, with the intention of running on the cathode bias setting. It's the first time I've run one of my Two Rocks with EL34s - for the last twenty years, it's been a choice between 5881s, JAN 6L6WGBs or Sylvania 6L6GCs (all on fixed bias). I'm looking forward to seeing how well the different tubes (NOS RFTs) work in a D-style amp.

None of my Two Rocks has ever needed anything other than new tubes either, though there is an .......ahem, experimental element to the layout and grounding in that amp, and that has gotten some side-eye from my pro-audio buddies. Nonetheless, it was designed around the Ken Fischer-specced Pacific PT and OT set, and has always been my mid-gain amp of choice. It's also one of the more unusual Two Rocks that came with HRM circuitry.

I have a sneaking feeling it'll work out quite well.

My K&M LTD (early Two Rock) is getting a quick checkup at the moment and we're installing a set of EL34s in it, with the intention of running on the cathode bias setting. It's the first time I've run one of my Two Rocks with EL34s - for the last twenty years, it's been a choice between 5881s, JAN 6L6WGBs or Sylvania 6L6GCs (all on fixed bias). I'm looking forward to seeing how well the different tubes (NOS RFTs) work in a D-style amp.

None of my Two Rocks has ever needed anything other than new tubes either, though there is an .......ahem, experimental element to the layout and grounding in that amp, and that has gotten some side-eye from my pro-audio buddies. Nonetheless, it was designed around the Ken Fischer-specced Pacific PT and OT set, and has always been my mid-gain amp of choice. It's also one of the more unusual Two Rocks that came with HRM circuitry.

I have a sneaking feeling it'll work out quite well.
I had one of those for a while, and it was great. But I just used the JAN 6L6 WGBs that came in the one they sent me.

I was in their Artist program for a while, and they'd send me stuff I was interested in.

I had one of those for a while, and it was great. But I just used the JAN 6L6 WGBs that came in the one they sent me.

I was in their Artist program for a while, and they'd send me stuff I was interested in.

The EL34s lasted a couple of weeks, then I put the WGBs back in.

After the thorough going-over my tech gave it (with just a smidge of guidance from the "Mother Ship"), and in the Cathode Bias setting, it's sounding as good as new :)

Ladies and gentleman…we now have a price…

Have you’ve been saving up and checking the couch for spare change?

$190,000:oops::eek::oops:

As any fule kno, you won't get professional tone for under $150k.

Back