Has anyone use a small Tremol-No on SE trem?

Drastion

I am looking at getting a SE custom 24. Though I am not a fan so much of trems mainly the putting on new strings. I also have an ibanez with the original edge. So I thought it would be a good excuse to geg a tremol no.

But the original edge calls for a small and the prs trem calls for a large. Not really surr the difference between the two. I am guessing it has to do with spring spacing or the distance between the block and claw. I would really like it to be able to pull double duty. That way if I happen to like one trem over the othet I could just make the one I don't like a hardtail.

There is also a pin type. Again I am not sure how that works or ho large the holes are on a guitar I have not ordered yet.

Thanks for any info you can give me. As a side note I would try blocking it but I have no wood working tools to cut it precisely.

"Large" on the tremol no, refers to the clamp that attaches to the block (I think).
You can acheive the same results with an "L" bracket or a block of wood.

I generally dislike uproutes and considered blocking the trem on my new Tremonti Custom SE to just allow for "dive only". My thought was that it would help increase tuning stability, but the more I play the guitar, the more I'm convinced that it's really not necessary. I've even tried drop D tunings and haven't has any issues, which really surprised me.

I did just purchase some phase II tuners though. ;)

dbonanno

What is a "L" bracket?

Also what is a up route?
Just something to give the trem more freedom of movement?

dbonanno

What is a "L" bracket?

Just a common "L" bracket, an allen screw, and a couple wood screws ...
All can be purchased at your local hardware store, Home Depot or Lowes.
tremolostopper_lrg_21-1.jpg

Also what is a up route?
Just something to give the trem more freedom of movement?

An "uproute" is a routing behind the tremolo that allows you to pull up on the bar to raise the pitch.
A "floating" tremolo, if you will. ;)

An "uproute" is a routing behind the tremolo that allows you to pull up on the bar to raise the pitch.

That's a great idea!

Huge thanks for that pic! I see so its like the drop only mode of a tremol no. That is a great and super simple idea. Strange no company has put something like that in a guitar. Especially how dead simple it would be to adjust to get the trem perfectly level.

Thanks for the info on the trem also. So the prs trem not so much like a ibanez edge or floyd. More like a rocker with more slight changes in pitch that than big dives and pulls.

May need to try out the prs design now sounds interesting. If my guess is right anyways.

Back