Has anyone tried the Mannmade 2020 classic for two post Strats?

goat-n-gitter

Dismembered
My last Fender holdout is a 1997 Strat Ultra, with the two post Fender Floyd trem. I've never been very happy with the trem, it doesn't return to pitch very well, and the bar rattles in the hole, so light vibrato is not very smooth. I use a hipshot tremsetter with it, but that is kind of a pain in the A$$ to deal with, and also impedes smooth vibrato.
I love the action of my PRS trems, so I'm thinking of ordering the Mannmade 2020 for these two post fenders. It looks like it is basically a PRS trem with a two post fulcrum instead of six screws.
Has anybody here had any experience with this model?

And no, I won't be selling off the Strat for a PRS SS or etc., I have a long attachment to this guitar.

Sorry to revive this G-n-G. What did you think of the bridge?

No worries, it's a big improvement over the original Fender/Floyd trem, much smoother. I still don't have it completely dialed in, if I get extreme with it it will go a bit out of tune. I'll eventually have a pro set it up. I've never installed and set up a trem from scratch before. As it is, for light to moderate use it's awesome.

Update more than a year later: I finally got this Mannmade trem setup by a pro. Big shout out to Jeff at Intown Guitar Repair in Atlanta! It finally lives up to all my expectations. Very smooth floating action and stays in tune as well as my other core PRS trems. Jeff did a full setup and fret level/dress while he was at it and the guitar plays better than it ever has! Sorry PRS, this will probably satisfy my HSS cravings enough to stop me buying a Fiore, although I still plan to eventually grab a ME V.
Summary: If you have a USA Strat with a two post trem you'd like to work better, get the Mannmade (and probably let a pro set it up).

I personally think that it is healthy to support other guitar manufacturers. PRS needs competition to keep everyone at the top of their game. I was going to purchase a Private Stock guitar as a retirement present, but I realized that I could get a Custom Shop Strat and a Custom Shop R0 for the same price. They are the guitar models on which I learned to play guitar; therefore, they are more sentimental to me. That will not stop me from purchasing more PRS guitars in the future.

Back