Has anyone tried out an S2 Standard yet?

gball

Seems like the S2 Standards are selling well but I have not seen much discussion about them. I am very interested in these guitars (all hog, front-loaded pickguard, GREAT price) but my local pusher doesn't have any yet. Any feedback from anyone?

No, basically all we have in Phoenix is Guitar Center, and in general, it's about a year between a product being announced and that product ending up in PHX for me to go try. It took about a year after the S2s were announced to have any S2s in the area to go try, and even then, they only had one model, the S2CU24. So, I figure late 2015 to early 2016, there might be one locally.

My favorite dealer, Rainbow Guitars in Tucson (about a 5 hour round trip drive from my house) used to stock a lot of PRS guitars, but recently according to their site, they have exactly three right now, a SE CU24 and 2 Private Stocks. Not gonna make the drive for that.

The S2 Standards are very appealing to me, probably the most of all the S2 lineup aside from maybe the Mira, but I already have an older core Mira that I love.

* I never miss an opportunity to biatch about the PRS dealer situation in Phoenix. 5th largest city in the US and I might as well live in the middle of nowhere.

The S2 Standards are very appealing to me, probably the most of all the S2 lineup aside from maybe the Mira, but I already have an older core Mira that I love.

Same here. I have an S2 Mira I bought in '13 that has become my favorite guitar, and I really dig the aesthetic vibe of the Standards, with the pickguard and simplicity.

Unlike you, I have about a dozen places within a reasonably short drive that are PRS dealers, but I like to do business with my local, neighborhood, walking-distance dealer. I may just head out to one of the big guys to play one then if I want to buy go through them.

I have my first PRS- an S2 Singlecut in Dark Cherry Burst. I have owned and played many Gibson and Fender premium quality guitar over 55 years of playing at playing guitar. My S2 certainly equals my past LP's in most respects. I was going to do a full review but I am new to the brand. There is great factory video on the S2-sorry-cannot link.

Back