Has anyone here played a 594 SE yet?

Family Man

Looks like plenty of DGT SEs are out in the wild, but I haven't seen any posts by people saying they've played a 594 SE.

As an S2 594 owner, I am interested in eventually purchasing an SE to keep in an alternate tuning. I'd love to hear feedback from anyone who has played the SE.

There’s a bunch of them on stock and available on reverb and I think sweetwater sold all the ones they had. So someone has them! Lol

I had a single cut for a day. While it sounded great, I've come to the harsh reality that I'm a wide thin/25 inch guy after years of wide fat and pattern vintage. I think I'm getting old, it sucks.
In comparison to the core and S2 594's I've owned the SE definitely holds it's own. They did a great job in recreating the sound for a smidgen of the price.

Does anyone actually have them in stock? I have one on order that isn't expected to arrive until April. All the ones I saw on reverb are preorders.

I've played several in store and able to A/B multiple 594, SE (including 245) and S2. The SE looks good and plays as a PRS should. Hanging on the wall or in hands it doesn't feel as quality as an S2, but still feels good. The sound is usable, but I wouldn't mistake it for core. The fret work was good, better than a few SSSE I played. All in all a solid guitar that fits right in the lineup.

Last edited:
I've played several in store and able to A/B multiple 594, SE (including 245) and S2. The SE looks good and plays as a PRS should. Hanging on the wall or in hands it doesn't feel as quality as an S2, but still feels good. The sound is usable, but I wouldn't mistake it for core. The fret work was good, better than a few SSSE I played. All in all a solid guitar that fits right in the lineup
Are you talking about single cuts, double cuts, or both? The one I have on order is the double cut.

Back