Has anyone had a piezo added to a 594?

crgtr

Zombie Eight - DFZ
I need some acoustic tones and the PRS "P" gtrs sound great. I don't think I've seen a non-trem version on a PRS. I know there are some saddles out there, but has anyone ever seen a PTC converted 594?

Well, PTC/Shawn responded in about 15 seconds to my email....it won't work. Oh well. Guess I'll just have to buy another geetar!!

Sorry Chris, I didn't realize that email was from you. There are two issues with this. 1) We can't add a piezo to a solid body guitar. The piezo system requires internally routing before the maple cap goes on. and 2) we don't have a piezo system for the 2 piece bridge.

Sorry Chris, I didn't realize that email was from you. There are two issues with this. 1) We can't add a piezo to a solid body guitar. The piezo system requires internally routing before the maple cap goes on. and 2) we don't have a piezo system for the 2 piece bridge.
All good! Thanks again for the speedy response. Time to go shopping!

I am sure you could commission a HB 594 with the bridge that's on the Hollowbody 2. It could still be a '594' - in that it still has the same layout as the HB 594, same scale length and neck carve but with the Piezo options of the HBii.

I don't know how the Piezo is added to solid guitars like the Custom P24 but that is a trem bridge. I am sure that 'something' could be done IF you have the money to buy a Private Stock build...

Back