Has anyone ever changed out the standard chrome hardware for hybrid?

Solteroblues

I want to change out the plain chrome hardware for the hybrid hardware on my new Paul's guitar, anyone ever do this before? I contacted Customer Service, and they said I could send it to the PTC if I wanted, or buy it myself... Anyone ever done this?

I swapped out my Nickel hardware for Gold on my BRW McCarty.

There was a forum member (from BaM) who didn't like gold and wanted nickel. Easy Peasy!

I had already swapped put the pups for brushed nickel 57/08s w/gold posts, and I had a satin gold bridge in my parts drawer...

324517213.jpg

324517220.jpg

I've done tuners and pick ups on a Bernie. Replaced p/u rings, knobs, tuning knobs and Humbucker (and bridge tomorrow) on a Studio. I didn't like the white rings and covered p/u, so I decided to go black.

I say go for it, and post pics in the Modified Monday thread!

i have done it myself on the trem. I took it to my local guitar tech and he set it up for me after. very nice upgrade

Hi Jamie!

Man I miss that guitar. I'm so glad you still have it and are still playing it.

All the best,
Jeff

Hi Jamie!

Man I miss that guitar. I'm so glad you still have it and are still playing it.

All the best,
Jeff

Hey Jeff!

For those who remember the story, Jeff is the guy who bought that guitar, a day or so before I went beck to get it (after saying I'd -never- pay that much for a guitar). I was soooo pissed I missed it!

Anyway, we met 6 months later at the first PRS Forum Event (15 year ago, before any of the Experience PRS events). He was a college student (who looked 12 years old... ;) ). He wound up selling the guitar to me, with the promise that if I ever sold it he'd get first dibs,,,,

He'll have a bit of a wait...

I have changed the hardware on my 513. Modern Eagle tuners gold saddles and tremolo screws and gold straplocks. Must take some pics...

Anyone have any of the "gold" studs from the bridge that they would want to swap out for chrome?

Back