Has anybody tried the Wampler Archon Pedal??

Deedsoftommy

I ♡ chip's n' salsa.
So if Wampler made this pedal. Would you give it a whirl?

I own the Archon 100 and never heard one in person until the day it arrived(with no regrets of course). After watching numerous videos of all the high gain amps. The Archon fit what I was going for. For now AND for when and if my musical tastes might change.

If I had a pedal "clone" prior of getting the amp no doubt that I woulda bought it. But what if. What if the Wampler Archon Pedal was made.

I posted this because I've played a couple of the Wampler "mimic" amp pedals and they are pretty good. Opinions welcomed! :D Just something that crossed my mind.

I'd try one if he made one, but only if it's before I end up getting the real thing.

I'm a big fan of Wampler -- especially his dirt pedals, and faux tape echo -- but I don't get those pedals. How can you mimic tubes with solid state?

I'm a big fan of Wampler -- especially his dirt pedals, and faux tape echo -- but I don't get those pedals. How can you mimic tubes with solid state?

Solid State distorts differently, of course. But a pedal's inherent EQ curve and the frequencies it pushes, plus additional gain, can drive a tube amp into sounding a lot like a different tube amp.

The reproduction's never perfect, of course. But you can come close with the right combination of solid state effects boxes.

yeah, depending on what you use for clipping in the pedal, you can come surprisingly close.

Back