Harominics - pickup or body/neck driven?

Mole351

so my HB does not produce harmonics when playing nearly as much as my ce and LP. I would expect this, but I'm embarrassingly not sure of the science behind it. What caused one guitar to produce harmonics more than another? I would like my hb to produce more harmonics - wondering if it's the pickups or the guitar. I don't expect to (or really want) the same extent as the LP and ce, but would like more than I'm getting now (virtually none)

Mostly technique. Also compression, so hitting the amp hard (hotter pickups). Try a compressor with your HB.

I had one actually. Harmonics galore with the CE and les paul...very little with the HB. Was playing very similar licks/runs/phrases when jamming trying to reproduce on the hollowbody but didn't get much. Sounds great - don't get me wrong, but just very little in the way of harmonics.

Technique wise I only have little bit of the pick sticking out from my hand so I get the harmonics when playing a lot as my thumb sometimes touches the strings (a desired sound/effect).

Tensioned STRING & body design driven, acoustic guitars have them, so do other stringed instruments that don't have pickups.

Back