Hardshell case for CE 24

cboisits

I finally got my first PRS CE 24 and this beauty deserves a case. I am looking at the $200 black PRS case but has anyone experienced any fitment issues? I want this to fit like a glove. Anyone's input would be greatly appreciated.

Fits well. But mine rocked slightly in it. As opposed to a custom 24 core it was designed for that was solid in it. I attributed that to the slight different in carves and neck profiles

Oooh. Not good. My baby needs to be snug. Whaddaya think? Should I skip this month's car payment and go for the Black Paisley, assuming that it fits better?

Depends on what the case is being used for. Is it mainly for at home storage? Even minor travel I would have trusted it. Tossing in a van or airplane? Eh I would have hesitated some. I doubt going paisley will change the outcome. I honestly love the modern fender cases that are built to withstand nuclear war. Not great visually but I would have trusted that guitar in it to fall off a cliff and be fine

Fits well. But mine rocked slightly in it. As opposed to a custom 24 core it was designed for that was solid in it. I attributed that to the slight different in carves and neck profiles

I had the same experience. I got a 2002 CE22 that had the hard shell case. It fits perfectly. My 2020 CE24 moves around.

The Paul Reed Smith multi fit cases will work with your Ce24. The trick is the body thickness, Mult Fit cases will fit a core guitar like a glove with no shifting but the current Ce24's body depth is not as thick as a core guitar. Simple trick is to purchase some microfiber cloths at your local auto parts store. Fold them and place them underneath the guitars body to help "shim" it up and make up for the difference in body depth. This will also allow the neck to sit more level in the case as well.

I finally got my first PRS CE 24 and this beauty deserves a case. I am looking at the $200 black PRS case but has anyone experienced any fitment issues? I want this to fit like a glove. Anyone's input would be greatly appreciated.

Interesting factoid. My CE24 fits perfectly in strat/tele cases. I have 2 Allen Eden teardrop cases that are well built, but don't weigh 25 lbs. Great fit.

Back