Hardcase , Softcase, or Gigbag? (Tonare T40E)

Rüdi_S

Hi there,
this is Rüdi from Germany.
Today I bought a T40E used.
It will arrive this week.
The pre-owner does not have the original hardcase.
Any suggestions, which alterternative will fit?
Or would you prefer a well padded gigbag?
Or a kind of softcase?

And as I am new to acoustics - WHY do you prefer a case or gigbag?

Last edited:
HI, thank, you for the response...
as I pay only 360,-€ for it, my mind thinks I do not want to spend + 150,-€ for a case..

There are hardcases or softcases, and gigbags...40-80,-€
for my electrics I have a mix, some came with the PRS SE Gigbag, which is very good I think,
for some guitars I have a "cheap hardcase" from thomann or muscistore here in germany.

Somebody tried these softcases?

I use gig bags for my parlour, but hard cases for my other acoustics. An overlooked benefit of a hard case is the ability to effectively control humidity so much more so than with a bag. I live in an extremely dry area, so that's really important to me. I use two humidifiers in the parlour gig bag, just to try to keep up.

HI there,
just wanted to let you know, I have a hardcase!
we have a "music store"in cologne which is a store and one of the big three online-sellers in germany.

first, I ordered a gigbag , which was really impressive (like a mono but under 50,-) unfortunately it was to small :-(

here comes a great service!:
during looking again at the online-store, I chattet with Volker from the acoustic-department.
before I would order a to small case again, he took a tonare in the store and tried out 4 cases till one fitted perfectly.

now I have a hardcase which fits like a glove, for 70,-€.

the cheapest ones are around 50-65,-€, but they are to small - and I´m really happy with this one, its really great quality

https://www.musicstore.de/de_DE/EUR/Fame-Case-Dreadnought-Guitar-Black/art-GIT0025920-000

Reactions: Roy
Back