Hard time bending on a 245 SE

Isaac cruz

I’m having a hard time bending on my 245 SE. It’s very hard to catch the string located above. I don’t have this problem on my Silver Sky at all.

Could an adjustment to the stoptail help with this? I was thinking about raising the bass side a bit or lowering the treble side to help but wanted to confirm.

I often raise the bridge or saddles on the treble side for this purpose, it may help you.

I’m having a hard time bending on my 245 SE. It’s very hard to catch the string located above. I don’t have this problem on my Silver Sky at all.

Could an adjustment to the stoptail help with this? I was thinking about raising the bass side a bit or lowering the treble side to help but wanted to confirm.

Get a pro setup

If they don't work, use lighter strings and practice for about 3-6 months to build strength.
It sounds counter-intuitive but, it actually works

I was up to 10-52s and feeling sore and stiff in the left forearm. My teacher at the time switched me to 8-38s for 9 months.
I've been back on 9-42s for about 8 months. I'm thinking by Summer, I'll prolly switch to 9-46

Back