Hard-tail with Wide-thin neck ?

I sold my 2008 Mira in hard times, and have regretted it ever since. There will be another. The core ones just love overdrive and distortion, either amp or pedal.

'Hardtail bridge' in terms of most PRS, I think you're referring to PRS 1 piece Stoptail.
PRS did sth. like what you said around '95 - '98 with some of CU24 and CE 24. So what you're looking for is considered rare by me.

And yes, the current offerrings are Holcomb model (both SE and core limited) and SE SVN. Both are equipped with real hardtail - a string through-fixed bridge similar to normal trem but without moving mechanism inside body cavity. Also, keep in mind these guitars were born in 25.5 and 26.5 scale length.

The SE 277 baritone also has the same bridge as Holcomb, but being a baritone with wide fat SE neck, I guess it's not what you're looking for. Also many S2 models feature fixed bridges like Vela and Singlecut, but none of them comes with thin neck.

Here is a 1998 CE 24 Stoptail:

prs-ce24-green-1998-cons-full-front.jpg

Excellent info dude. I did a wide (Everywhere) search on Reverb for all CU24 guitars in the 90s and found 4 with the 1 piece Stop Tail. Unfortunately they are all above my price range at the moment. They ranged from '96 to '99.

Back