Hard-tail with Wide-thin neck ?

Muziqman

Does PRS make a model with a Hard-Tail and a Wide-Thin neck ? with Birds ? I've done a bunch of looking on Reverb at old models and The only thing that comes close is the Mark Holcomb models. Every other Hard-tail guitar I have seen has a Wide-Fat neck.

What level are you looking at? Core? S2? SE?

I think some of the older Standards had wide thin necks

I'm looking at Core models.

Custom 22s, random (old) CEs, and Standard 22s.

Every CU22 I've seen with a hard-tail has a Wide-Fat neck.
https://reverb.com/item/25973051-paul-reed-smith-standard-22

Basically hits all the requirements in your post, don't know if you were looking for a maple top or not. These Standards are gems.

Lol.. of course the 1 on Reverb I didn't look at.

I'm looking at Core models.

Every CU22 I've seen with a hard-tail has a Wide-Fat neck.

Lol.. of course the 1 on Reverb I didn't look at.

Look for 2008 Cu22s. I have one with, what I think is a unique WT neck. Feels a little narrower, and less deep than my Tremonti.

'Hardtail bridge' in terms of most PRS, I think you're referring to PRS 1 piece Stoptail.
PRS did sth. like what you said around '95 - '98 with some of CU24 and CE 24. So what you're looking for is considered rare by me.

And yes, the current offerrings are Holcomb model (both SE and core limited) and SE SVN. Both are equipped with real hardtail - a string through-fixed bridge similar to normal trem but without moving mechanism inside body cavity. Also, keep in mind these guitars were born in 25.5 and 26.5 scale length.

The SE 277 baritone also has the same bridge as Holcomb, but being a baritone with wide fat SE neck, I guess it's not what you're looking for. Also many S2 models feature fixed bridges like Vela and Singlecut, but none of them comes with thin neck.

Here is a 1998 CE 24 Stoptail:

prs-ce24-green-1998-cons-full-front.jpg

Last edited:
Back