Hard Shell Case for S2 Starla with Bigsby

patcraig1

Before I shell out a couple hundred dollars for a "PRS multi-fit" case I thought I'd check here. as a new Starla owner (2015 Tobacco), the gig bag just doesn't cut it for any real protection. Can anyone tell me what kind of case ...any brand really...that will fit a S2 Starla w/ Bigsby snugly? Thanks in advance
-newly minted starla lover!

Thanks for the link, can you tell me it fhtis will definitely fit the Starla with a Bigsby?

I have a Starla being shipped to me as we speak, and it will be in a gig bag until I get a hardshell case. My plan is to bring the guitar to my local guitar store once I get it and I will test fit the case and report back here with my findings.

Gator lists the dimensions - as far as I know the Starla is 13” wide. This case is listed as 3” interior height, so not sure what the total height of the guitar is with the Bigsby. Typically when stored in the case, the Bigsby handle is rotated to the down position. I am guessing the padding on the lid will compress slightly.
https://www.gatorcases.com/products...-style-wide-body-electric-case-gwe-elec-wide/

My Starla is 13.75" across the lower bout. I don't think that case will do it, although it would handle the Bigsby.

I ended up buying a PRS Multi Fit case.
The responses on Amazon when I asked if the Starla fits for the Gator case was yes it does, but I'd want to test fit before I buy.
Guitar Center sells the Gator Electric Wide cases so it might be worth a trip to your local to check it out.

I ended up buying a PRS Multi Fit case.
The responses on Amazon when I asked if the Starla fits for the Gator case was yes it does, but I'd want to test fit before I buy.
Guitar Center sells the Gator Electric Wide cases so it might be worth a trip to your local to check it out.
I do not trust gator on their advice of whether guitars fit in case X from them. I bought a acoustic case from them in 2020 after having confirmed with them via email and their fit check online, and when it arrived, my Martin J-40 did NOT fit in there. The reason was the length of the body was not accommodated. It was about an inch short. When measured, the interior dimensions did not match up to what they had listed for their interior dimensions of the case. Had it been true to their measurement, the guitar would have fit. Long and short is, unless you can actually try it, do not count on it fitting (from Gator that is)! Best of luck to you both on getting a tight fit for your beauties!!

Back