Hard case for Zach Myers

Riplead

Hi! I recently bought one of these and love it. Not so crazy about using a gig bag though. I bought a Road Runner case but it didn't fit good. Any recommendations? Thanks!

Check the main Electric Guitars forum - when the ZM first came out there were a bunch of suggestions for cases that fit well. I'll poke around if I have time, but such searches take time, because I get distracted and go down unrelated rabbit holes.

Hmm, that one case looks nice but for $250? I only paid $500 for the ZM. Was hoping to find something for a little less $$. I read some recommended an Epiphone LP case. I tried putting the ZM in my Gibson LP case, and it was really tight.

Hmm, that one case looks nice but for $250? I only paid $500 for the ZM. Was hoping to find something for a little less $$. I read some recommended an Epiphone LP case. I tried putting the ZM in my Gibson LP case, and it was really tight.
Depends on what you want the case for. A TSA rated case will generally stop a guitar of any value, whether $500 or $5000, from becoming a worthless pile of toothpicks due to mishandling by airline staff or roadies. So it may be the only investment you would consider if travelling a lot.

But if all you want it a hard case for to-from gigs where you will be the one to usually handle the guitar, then there are cheaper alternatives. Maybe go to your local guitar store with your ZM and try out a few, like the Epiphone LP case you mention.

I need to check, but I seem to recall that my ZM fit into my Gibson LP hard case...just checked, and yep, it fits (as does my P245SH). However, it is a tighter fit than the LP itself, because the PRS SCs are slightly broader across the upper bouts (the single cut side across to the non-cut side) compared to a LP - about 1/4" by my Mark I Eyeball reckoning. And the PRS SCs want to sit in the case just different enough that the treble tuners tend to lean into the side of the case, but a quick shift will center it better. SO yeah, an Epi LP case should be a candidate.

But I use gig bags for SEs all the time going to/from gigs, because I know I am the only one handling my stuff, or occasionally my bandmate/wife.

Thanks Shinksma. I really don't need a case. My guitars never leave my house for the most part. I just have small collection and all the others are in cases. It was more of an OCD thing. I'll check out the Epiphone LP case. Thanks again.

Beware LP cases

IME all singlecuts are wider across the body than an LP and won't fit fitted LP cases.

Back