Hard Case for Vela?

Based on the fact that a Vela does not have any specific hard case for it, if it were me, I would find a generic case with the fit I liked the best and use towels to surround the border of the guitar and go with it.

It may actually offer better protection then a case made for the Vela body style.
If SKB, or Gator makes a generic fit case of poly, or whatever they call it, it will be better then a wooden generic case.

Based on the fact that a Vela does not have any specific hard case for it, if it were me, I would find a generic case with the fit I liked the best and use towels to surround the border of the guitar and go with it.

It may actually offer better protection then a case made for the Vela body style.
If SKB, or Gator makes a generic fit case of poly, or whatever they call it, it will be better then a wooden generic case.

Yeah, i ended up going with the SKB 3i Open Cavity. Thanks!

The Vela body shape kinda reminds me of a Fender Jazzmaster, which has a bigger case than a standad Strat/Tele case. Any chance of testing a JM size case?

xjbebop., you mentioned in an earlier post thast you found a HSC case that fit a Vela but you didn't give any specifics. Mind telling me what case you bought that fit the Vela?
Thanks,
Doug

Hello all, I just bought a reclaimed wood Vela and found these posts, as I need to fly with my guitar to Africa. It seems the only case suggested was SKB 3i-4214-OP iSeries, which is REALLY expensive. Any other hard cases people can suggest for a Vela?

Hello all, I just bought a reclaimed wood Vela and found these posts, as I need to fly with my guitar to Africa. It seems the only case suggested was SKB 3i-4214-OP iSeries, which is REALLY expensive. Any other hard cases people can suggest for a Vela?
How about an SKB 1SKB?

Back