Hard Case for SE ZM????

Johnnyboy94

So I want to get a hard case for my new baby. Problem is I cant seem to get it to fit in ANY Electric guitar case I can get my hands on. Sweetwater's "Case Finder" told me that the Gator Wide-Body case would fit, bought it, nope. took it back, tried no less than 15 more cases, no luck. The angled Neck pocket is the main problem. Any ZM owners out there that have a solution? Thanks in advance. :)

I have a roadrunner for my 245se - that was the only one I could find that would fit because of the neck angle and thicker body. I think the zm would likely fit

I'm interested in this question too as I have PRS SE Fredrik Akesson and cannot find a case that fits. I've bought several and had to send them back. The Epiphone LP case looks like it has good depth in the pictures and I might place an order later.
Is the case a tight fit for your Bernie? Does the lid press down too much on bridge?
Cheers.

Last edited:
I have two of the SKB flight cases for both my SE Tremonti Custom, and my SE Zach Myers.

1.jpg

I have tried fitting both in the PRS hardshell cases, but they do not lay flat like the regular PRS guitars do.
With the SKB cases the guitars lay flat like they should.
They are pricy, but you can also use them as a canoe if your neighborhood should ever flood ;)
They are water tight.

I bought one from Sweetwater, and the second one from Amazon.
They fit both singlecut, doublecut, semi-hollow, and hollow body PRS guitars.
SKB Injection Molded Guitar Case, PRS Shaped Interior, TSA Latches with wheels (3i-4214-PRS)

I have a roadrunner for my 245se - that was the only one I could find that would fit because of the neck angle and thicker body. I think the zm would likely fit

FWIW, I bought one of these for my Bernie and had to return it due to poor fit. The neck was a good inch away from the part of the case that was supposed to support it, because the inside bottom of the case wasn't deep enough near the neck joint. So, try before you buy if at all possible.

I don't understand why PRS doesn't offer hard cases.
They do for the Maryland built ones.
If they offered hardshell cases for the SE and the new S2 line, that would make the price higher.

And the cases for the Maryland built guitars you can buy from PRS or Sweetwater.
They fit most PRS guitars just fine, but the thicker lower bout on some such as the two guitars I mentioned in my first post in this thread are an ill fit.
The neck will not lay flat.

SKB cases can be ridden down stairs. Trust me, I did it once with one and an 82 explorer lol....alcohol may have been a factor lol

Not a scratch or anything to the guitar. Great cases ...

Oh my gosh, I am picturing you in my mind riding the case down a flight of stairs with one hand in the air like you do when you ride a bull :)

SD110-Bucking-Bull.jpg

I'm interested in this question too as I have PRS SE Fredrik Akesson and cannot find a case that fits. I've bought several and had to send them back. The Epiphone LP case looks like it has good depth in the pictures and I might place an order later.
Is the case a tight fit for your Bernie? Does the lid press down too much on bridge?
Cheers.

I have yet to find a hard case which is suitable for my Akesson, every case I tried at my local store was no use.

Both my SE ZM and my SE Akerfeldt fit into the OHSC for my 1979 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe. I would imagine any true Les Paul hard case would be suitable for the SC-style PRSi that don't otherwise fit into the PRS multifit case. But if Sneeks and the OP Johnnyboy94 have tried "every case" at their local store (which I would imagine would include Gibby LP OEM cases), then perhaps I got lucky?

Yes I tried several cases including a Gibson LP OEM and none of them fitted the Akesson. The neck angle must differ from the LP and it was raised upwards out of the case. Raising the body of the guitar to lay the neck flat then made the bridge sit high and the case would not close.

Back