Hard Case for S2 McCarty 594

swstandring

Looking for a recommendation on a hard case for my 2020 S2 McCarty 594. This is the regular doublecut, not the thinline or singlecut.

Does the PRS Multi-fit case work with this guitar.

Thanks!

SKB make some pretty nice cases for a decent price! And Thomann are selling them for great prices at the moment.

I think we wanted to know if the PRS multi fit case works for the S2 594 DC.

I'd like to keep it all PRS, but the waterproof gator cases are temping.

Has anyone actually tried to fit a S2 McCarty 594 Double Cut into a Gator GTSA-GTRELEC?

I'm waiting for my S2 McCarty 594 10-year anniversary to arrive at my vendor, and they have offered to sweeten the deal by providing me a free case since the guitar only comes with a gig bag. I've read through what is said above and in other locations on this forum, and can't find a definitive answer. The PRS multi-fit cases are okay, but not rugged enough and too heavy in my opinion. I'm looking for a better solution, and the Gator GTSA-GTRELEC looks like the best option to me. It's not as bulky as the Titan, or the SKB iSeries, and its much lighter than the PRS multi-fit. Comments above indicate the Gator case "should" fit, but no one seems to have actually tried it. So, back to the question up front. Has anyone tried it?

I did not like how it sat in the PRS multi fit case. Mine rocked a lot in it. I have had great success in gator cases designed for Les Pauls.
I can put teles, silver sky, custom 24s and mccarty's single and double cuts just fine. With no rocking.

I did not like how it sat in the PRS multi fit case. Mine rocked a lot in it. I have had great success in gator cases designed for Les Pauls.
I can put teles, silver sky, custom 24s and mccarty's single and double cuts just fine. With no rocking.
Thanks for that. I'll look at this option.

I had another reply that I received via my email, but curiously it isn't here on the site. It included a link to Sweetwater and the cases they say will fit. I decided to go with one of the ones they recommended, the SKB 1SKB-FS-6 Shaped Standard Electric Guitar Case. My vendor says this one will fit, and be a bit more snug than some of the others. Fingers crossed.

Back