Hard case for a Vela?

John C

Hi All,

Any Vela owners out there get a hard case for theirs? The PRS gig bag is fine, but I'm thinking of getting a hard case for it.

I have a RoadRunner universal case - it currently houses my other electric (a Fender American Performer Mustang - the case is slightly longer than a standard Strat case to the Mustang fits) and the Vela does fit in it, but as the photo shows there's a lot of space between the headstock and the sides kind of compress but the body fits tightly.

mjiQoGa.jpg

I was wondering if anyone found a case that fits the Vela better than this? The Mustang's gig bag is pretty flimsy; I'm going to keep the Mustang in a case, but I could either get a Fender Mustang/Duo-Sonic case or I could get another aftermarket case for the Vela. PRS CS informed me that the Vela doesn't fit in the standard PRS multi-fit case.

Thanks!!!

It looks like the one you have pictured fits really well. I'd grab another of those.

It looks like the one you have pictured fits really well. I'd grab another of those.

That's what I was leaning toward - as I mentioned I may take a shot with a Fender case for the Mustang (they just brought out a batch of cases that includes one for the Mustang/DuoSonic) and put the Vela in this case; if I don't like the Fender case then I'll probably just snag another Roadrunner case from GC.

I have this one for my Vela and it's been pretty reliable so far - Bodie

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/acc...lded-abs-electric-guitar-case/h86557000000000

I think my local GC has some of these in stock as well - looks a lot like a multi-fit version of the case EBMM uses. I'll have to check this one out as well.

Back