HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!

We are trying out the Serious Eats reverse sear method for prime rib. It'll be resting for at least 30 min, longer depending on how long it really takes to get up to temp due to my awful oven (I need to take the next guitar money and buy a killer oven instead, I think).

When it comes to flavor, nothing beats a Traeger. Highly recommended!

Traeger, for the win! Best thing I ever bought.....other than PRS guitars, of course.
You are familiar with the Force...!!! Traeger is the PRS of cooking, man. Hands down, best flavor on the planet. I brined this last night with honey brine and smoked it with mesquite. Out of this world good.

TOUCHDOWN!!!
41F2F0A6-EE4E-4772-8884-939F9725DE40.jpeg
Dang, that looks really good! Nicely done!

Happy Thanksgiving from SE Iowa. Stuffed myself today!!!

We as a company have Friday off but I'm going to work. I have conveyors to PM at FedEx and they're due first week of December.

It's all good though. Going to work on music this weekend.

Our family/friends meal is Saturday. My boss scheduled me to work today (Actually, I volunteered, knowing the weekend was time off) so we'll have hummus, rice crackers, guac, celery sticks, roasted ranch chickpeas, turkey, green bean casserole, sausage mushroom stuffing, wild saffron rice, and last but not least, blueberry pie, plus beer, wine, iced tea and water. Decaf coffee and tea after dinner during the loosening of seat belts.

Friday is apartment cleaning, followed by staging for Saturday. Pie is already made. Necessary supplies acquired. Utensils and flatware to be washed and dried and stored before Saturday. Microwave given a cleaning. Stereo set for playlists.

Next week: Winterizing car. (Fluids, brakes, and safety check, mostly) Given my car's track record, I think I need not worry too much about winter driving...am too much of a cautious driver when the snow flies, even when others may be busy clearing their driveways and/or plowing across roadways.

You are familiar with the Force...!!! Traeger is the PRS of cooking, man. Hands down, best flavor on the planet. I brined this last night with honey brine and smoked it with mesquite. Out of this world good.
You bet! My Weber Genesis gets use on rare occasion these days.

Haha! Those look pretty fine, man. That 1000 with the NASCAR logo and price about gave me heart palpitations! Looks like a good enough call to me. Smoke on, bro!

Ha! Wasn't aware they came with a NASCAR logo! I went vertical smoker, used my Cabela's points so it was "free". Nothing like a good smoked meal!

Back