HAPPY SPACE MUTANTS

Trippy. I was hoping that the alien would sing, but then I wondered if that was actually his/her voice singing.

That was cool. Love more details on how you used the Triple Play if you get time to share your secrets.

Tech. I looked that up and what it does, back when you mentioned getting it. Just wanted to see how you used it for this tune.

I was actually experimenting with HipHop arrangements, the beat was originally a Trap HiHat beat with some auto-arpeggiated synth stuff, and I threw it in a folder. Took it back out one day, changed it to a real sounding drums, and started farting around with a minimoog sound from the Fishman patches. (I have the Fishman library & everything in Logic Pro to work with.)

Once I came up with the hook, I used auto-arpeggiated stuff to enhance the arrangement, drops, swells,etc. then I went back to the minimoog patch a did that glitchy synth solo. Many times I hit the strings too hard and the Fishman PU goes whacko creating some bizarre tones, I go into the DAW sometimes to clean them up, but in this song it gave a weird spacey vibe so I kept a lot of it, ..... I even messed around with the notes to enhance that sonic strangeness.

The Bass line, rhythmic voices, and the strings swells were things I stumbled onto along the way and added as they fit. I only did one track of actual guitar on the entire tune.

Back