Happy Holidays Everyone (my personal message to you)

Shawn@PRS

yogi
First off, I would like personally thank you all for the love and support you’ve given to PRS Guitars over the years. You folks are the reason we are able to do what we do. Sometimes it’s easy for us to get lost in the day to day struggle of our jobs, but to be able to make a living working for (IMHO) the greatest guitar company in the world, is a true honor. So thank you for giving us this opportunity!

PRS Guitars has experienced some trying times during 2018. The launch of the Silver Sky was received with a tremendous amount of excitement, but when the orders started to flood in, we realized we may not be prepared for what was ahead of us. The large backorder for all products has caused some headaches with long delays on delivery dates and frustrated customers. We appreciate everyone’s patience! We also installed new ERP software at the factory. This brought a unique set of problems. In the future, this system will allow us to be a better company, but the learning curve has been trying.

One of the beautiful things about PRS is that we are like a family. We may have our squabbles, our disagreements and even some heated discussions, but in the end we stick together and move forward, together. I think even Paul would agree that PRS Guitars would not be where we are today if it wasn’t for a dedicated group of people willing to go the extra mile. Paul’s passion for what we build is contagious and that shows in the craftsmanship found in every instrument. Even with the growing pains we’ve experienced over the past year, PRS is ending 2018 as a healthy company ready to kick ass in 2019.

So again, thank you all for everything. I wish you and your families the very best during this holiday season and I hope 2019 brings nothing but joy, health and prosperity to you and yours. Rock on!

Shawn

Same to you and the rest of the PRSG family, Shawn. You guys have treated me far better than I deserve in every interaction I've had with anyone at the company. When I went to the first Experience, near the end of the second day, I texted my wife and said, "I've found my people". The people at the company have been stellar every time I've been to the factory, and even better on the rare occasion when I've had an issue. And the people on this board - well, nothing really needs to be said. I've made some great friends here.

I’m not saying I love any of you at PRS until I get my signature “Les’ Paul Reed Smith.”

“Dude, you’re just not worthy of a sig model. Get over it.”

“I’ll hold my breath until I turn blue.”

“OK, but if you’re blue, Sergio won’t like you.”

“Then I have nothing to lose; he already doesn’t like me!...{thought bubble} ten one thousand...nine one thousand...eight...nothing to lose....seven one thousand....”

“You aren’t blue yet.”

“{thought bubble} Six one thousand...”

“You didn’t get very far.”

“{Thought bubble} Just you wait!”

[SFX: Body hits floor]

Last edited:
I've always enjoyed the ride from the late Eighties. Living around the area since the late 70's made it a little personal. Being able to interact with the PRS family through the Experiences has been priceless. Warts and all, I wouldn't trade it. Thank you PRS family and your commitment to excellence. To a joyful 2019 for all.

BTW. Les turning Sergio Blue, pricless.

I haven’t met one of you guys in person yet, but in my mind, some of you like me. (Let me have this one!). And again, in my mind, NOT only because I was the only one with the legs to be the forum speedo model.

So, since we all boyz, I wish all of you guys a Merry Christmas. Thanks for the good times. To Shawn and the guys at the plant, thanks for what you do. Especially to Shawn since he’s cool enough to hang out with us here.

I came relatively late to the PRS party (2010). It takes a LOT for me to become a big fan of a particular brand/product.
Well I'm not a fan... unless you add letters and turn that into fanatic. I'm a toady and proud of it.
Congratulations to Paul and everyone at PRS for creating something that we want/desire/need. And... especially you Shawn.
I know it can be a strain/pain to get in down and dirty with all the comments in the forum, but you do it with aplomb.
You're a gent and a scholar sir.

Yours truly, a lifer.

Back