Happy Holidays Everyone (my personal message to you)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by [email protected], Dec 21, 2018.

1. Shawn@PRS

Staff Member Moderator

First off, I would like personally thank you all for the love and support you’ve given to PRS Guitars over the years. You folks are the reason we are able to do what we do. Sometimes it’s easy for us to get lost in the day to day struggle of our jobs, but to be able to make a living working for (IMHO) the greatest guitar company in the world, is a true honor. So thank you for giving us this opportunity!

PRS Guitars has experienced some trying times during 2018. The launch of the Silver Sky was received with a tremendous amount of excitement, but when the orders started to flood in, we realized we may not be prepared for what was ahead of us. The large backorder for all products has caused some headaches with long delays on delivery dates and frustrated customers. We appreciate everyone’s patience! We also installed new ERP software at the factory. This brought a unique set of problems. In the future, this system will allow us to be a better company, but the learning curve has been trying.

One of the beautiful things about PRS is that we are like a family. We may have our squabbles, our disagreements and even some heated discussions, but in the end we stick together and move forward, together. I think even Paul would agree that PRS Guitars would not be where we are today if it wasn’t for a dedicated group of people willing to go the extra mile. Paul’s passion for what we build is contagious and that shows in the craftsmanship found in every instrument. Even with the growing pains we’ve experienced over the past year, PRS is ending 2018 as a healthy company ready to kick ass in 2019.

So again, thank you all for everything. I wish you and your families the very best during this holiday season and I hope 2019 brings nothing but joy, health and prosperity to you and yours. Rock on!

Shawn

Dead&Co, Wakester, Sekunda and 36 others like this.
  2. Rusty Chos

Rusty Chos Don’t mean a thang if it don’t twang

Back atcha!

Easy to love PRS.

World’s most perfect guitars.

You guys are killing it!

Keep on keepin’ on!

3. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

You already know how I feel! Peace and Love to all the fine folks at PRS, and their families! Keep on being awesome!

4. WEDGE

WEDGE Almost was a FG22 owner..

Same to everyone at the factory. Thanks for a killer forum, and the best guitars.

5. alantig

alantig SSBMA

Same to you and the rest of the PRSG family, Shawn. You guys have treated me far better than I deserve in every interaction I've had with anyone at the company. When I went to the first Experience, near the end of the second day, I texted my wife and said, "I've found my people". The people at the company have been stellar every time I've been to the factory, and even better on the rare occasion when I've had an issue. And the people on this board - well, nothing really needs to be said. I've made some great friends here.

cubby61, Bill SAS 513, bodia and 4 others like this.
  6. Eddie kim

Eddie kim New Member

Just remember that it was PRS that helped me through all the surgeries this year. Every please have a safe and wonderful Christmas.

WA Paul, Ovibos, bodia and 7 others like this.
  7. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

I’m not saying I love any of you at PRS until I get my signature “Les’ Paul Reed Smith.”

“Dude, you’re just not worthy of a sig model. Get over it.”

“I’ll hold my breath until I turn blue.”

“OK, but if you’re blue, Sergio won’t like you.”

“Then I have nothing to lose; he already doesn’t like me!...{thought bubble} ten one thousand...nine one thousand...eight...nothing to lose....seven one thousand....”

“You aren’t blue yet.”

“{thought bubble} Six one thousand...”

“You didn’t get very far.”

“{Thought bubble} Just you wait!”

[SFX: Body hits floor]

#7 LSchefman, Dec 21, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    Wakester, Sekunda, ScottR and 10 others like this.
  8. Buildermike

Buildermike Can you have too many?

I've always enjoyed the ride from the late Eighties. Living around the area since the late 70's made it a little personal. Being able to interact with the PRS family through the Experiences has been priceless. Warts and all, I wouldn't trade it. Thank you PRS family and your commitment to excellence. To a joyful 2019 for all.

BTW. Les turning Sergio Blue, pricless.

Bill SAS 513, bodia, alantig and 3 others like this.
  9. DreamTheaterRules

DreamTheaterRules New and improved member

I haven’t met one of you guys in person yet, but in my mind, some of you like me. (Let me have this one!). And again, in my mind, NOT only because I was the only one with the legs to be the forum speedo model.

So, since we all boyz, I wish all of you guys a Merry Christmas. Thanks for the good times. To Shawn and the guys at the plant, thanks for what you do. Especially to Shawn since he’s cool enough to hang out with us here.

ScottR, Boogie, Dirty_Boogie and 7 others like this.
  10. Boogie

Boogie SuperD

Shawn is one of the elements that makes PRS amazing. People like doing business with good people. Shawn is good people. Hence...

Raised glass.

11. Tucson Thump

Tucson Thump Mint Heavy Relic

Happy Holidays Shawn!

12. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

Just between us, I secretly think of my McCarty Singlecut, named The Hammer Of The Gods, as the Les Zeppelin Signature model.

“That’s silly.”

“So?”

ScottR, cubby61, Bill SAS 513 and 6 others like this.
  13. 11top

11top Cousin Eddie's cousin

And so, as Tiny Tim said, "A Merry Christmas to us all; God bless us, every one!"

Keep on rockin’, Shawn, PRS, and forum brothers!

14. dmatthews

dmatthews Dave's not here...

I came relatively late to the PRS party (2010). It takes a LOT for me to become a big fan of a particular brand/product.
    Well I'm not a fan... unless you add letters and turn that into fanatic. I'm a toady and proud of it.
    Congratulations to Paul and everyone at PRS for creating something that we want/desire/need. And... especially you Shawn.
    I know it can be a strain/pain to get in down and dirty with all the comments in the forum, but you do it with aplomb.
    You're a gent and a scholar sir.

Yours truly, a lifer.

15. dmatthews

dmatthews Dave's not here...

Eddie... you're a star.:):cool:

16. DreamTheaterRules

DreamTheaterRules New and improved member

Fight the good fight bro!

17. Rusty Chos

Rusty Chos Don’t mean a thang if it don’t twang

My ‘92 Artist has Paul’s signature autographed to “Steve.”
    Luckily, my name is the same as the previous owner’s!

18. vchizzle

vchizzle Birdman.

Shawn, everything in your post pretty much sums up why I love PRS. Well, it doesn't hurt that the guitars are the best too...
    Thanks for everything you and everyone else at PRS does. Happy Holidays to you all!

19. Dirty_Boogie

Dirty_Boogie Still got the ol' tagger on it

Thank you Shawn. Here's to more great things and a wonderful year ahead for the world-wide PRS community!

20. Alnus Rubra

Alnus Rubra Loving nature’s wonders

Wishing you Shawn, all at PRS and all forum Sisters and Brothers (and families of all) a wonderful time and a prosperous new year.