Happy Father’s Day!

For real. This experience has given me valuable insight into why my mother and sister were so b!tchy all the time.:p

I vacuumed yesterday. The extent of my "work" today was burgers and a Bloody Mary at lunch, and the ribs have been smoking for almost 2 hours. Three more and it'll time for grub, and a Manhattan.

Sure, the bathroom needs a coat of primer, and a paint job, but that can wait!

i guess I don’t really have this Fathers Day thing down yet.

For some reason I’m up early cooking and cleaning so I can entertain my wife’s family? Is this how this sh!t is supposed to work?
If it makes you feel better, I had to pick where we were going, drive the Family there, and then pay the bill.:confused:

Yeah...I've tried both of those before. I just couldn't gel with the necks on either one.;)

That might be why Red don’t buy you more guitars.

If it makes you feel better, I had to pick where we were going, drive the Family there, and then pay the bill.:confused:

Actually, that doesn’t make me feel any better. Now I’m bummed for you.

I did tell my daughter years ago that I cared more about the time than the money, so I can never complain about paying.

So...I get to pick. I drive because I have the only 6 speed stick. And pay so I don’t buy more guitars and have to figure out where to put them.

I swept the house this morning. One of my better skills.

I vacuumed yesterday. The extent of my "work" today was burgers and a Bloody Mary at lunch, and the ribs have been smoking for almost 2 hours. Three more and it'll time for grub, and a Manhattan.

Sure, the bathroom needs a coat of primer, and a paint job, but that can wait!

Household has a guest and immediate family visiting late this afternoon. Spent Wednesday shopping for the visit and sending my acoustic to a luthier for a nut / saddle / bridge-pin upgrade.

Thursday, spent time on the road up in MA visiting an acquaintance, and then Guitar Center with a buddy. Arrived home that afternoon, prepared dinner and bit down on a piece of corn cob and loosened my front incisor cap. Located some temp glue and fixed it up.

Friday, went to the emergency dentist and had them put new glue to replace the 40 year old previous glue. Arrived at work an hour late and worked an abbreviated shirt until 8PM. Arrived home, had dinner and went to bed just after midnight.

Saturday, baked a pie, concluded business on eBay regards my previous guitar sale, tossed the recyclables, retrieved the acoustic from the luthier's, made some shrimp salad for today, did some personal study.

Sunday, listened in on my morning meeting, had lunch, did the remaining shopping for today's gathering, did a load of laundry, dusted house, vacuumed, baked a batch of chocolates chip cookies. Am about to retrieve the laundry from the dryer. Then prepare dinner for this evening. Guests begin arriving about 4:30-4:45. Entertaining until 9 or 9:30, maybe a song or two on the acoustic, then cleanup, unwinding, feet up, bottle of water, bed.

Monday, if weather cooperates, will be trimming the backyard hedges (getting a bit untidy and overgrown), and spreading a bag of sand in between walkway pavers.

Household has a guest and immediate family visiting late this afternoon. Spent Wednesday shopping for the visit and sending my acoustic to a luthier for a nut / saddle / bridge-pin upgrade.

Thursday, spent time on the road up in MA visiting an acquaintance, and then Guitar Center with a buddy. Arrived home that afternoon, prepared dinner and bit down on a piece of corn cob and loosened my front incisor cap. Located some temp glue and fixed it up.

Friday, went to the emergency dentist and had them put new glue to replace the 40 year old previous glue. Arrived at work an hour late and worked an abbreviated shirt until 8PM. Arrived home, had dinner and went to bed just after midnight.

Saturday, baked a pie, concluded business on eBay regards my previous guitar sale, tossed the recyclables, retrieved the acoustic from the luthier's, made some shrimp salad for today, did some personal study.

Sunday, listened in on my morning meeting, had lunch, did the remaining shopping for today's gathering, did a load of laundry, dusted house, vacuumed, baked a batch of chocolates chip cookies. Am about to retrieve the laundry from the dryer. Then prepare dinner for this evening. Guests begin arriving about 4:30-4:45. Entertaining until 9 or 9:30, maybe a song or two on the acoustic, then cleanup, unwinding, feet up, bottle of water, bed.

Monday, if weather cooperates, will be trimming the backyard hedges (getting a bit untidy and overgrown), and spreading a bag of sand in between walkway pavers.

Damn dude. I need a nap.

Damn dude. I need a nap.

I just find stuff to do, and keep busy. On days when I might feel a little tired or physically hurting from overexertion (not much really to worry about though, LOL) I take it easy and rest up. Most of my busy work is just finding projects to do so my mind and hands are preoccupied instead of having nothing to do, which can be detrimental.

Pete, there’s a whole lotta guys here that are willing to help you solve that problem. I’ve heard them offer many times.
I can hear that conversation now...

'No honey Honest! I didn't buy another guitar! I'm just holding it for a friend!'

'Oh really! What's this friends name?'

'Uhm....er... Veinbuster....i mean Pete. Yeah, yeah his name is Pete. That's the ticket, I'm holding a guitar for a guy I know on the internet named Pete.'

' well he sounds hideous!'

Back