Happy Fall!

rugerpc

A♥ hoards guitars ♥A Soldier 25, DFZ
acorn.jpg

leaf.jpg

Thanks, Hans, my sweetie and I spent the day hiking in the Catoctin Mountains Saturday - it was gorgeous out!

I think autumn has become my favorite season since I moved to north Georgia. We haven't used the A/C in weeks, some of the trees are starting to turn, I can go for walks or bike rides without sweating bullets. Love it.

Great pictures. Thanks. I love this time of year too. The leaves changing and falling, blowing around. The flocks of geese. The smell of smoke from the fireplaces. A nip in the air. Halloween. A few mornings ago I headed out early for an appt. and I could see my breath. Great stuff.

It's good to be alive.

Goldtop

Another thing you get to see sometimes as the weather gets cooler in the Fall:

Here is a pic of Sun Dogs I took as I was still on Kent Island driving home from The Experience 2012 Saturday night...

sundogs.jpg

IS that what you call it? Jamie and I couldn't figure it out.

I took a crappy photo of them on our way back to Annapolis so I could try to explain it to my wife. Your photo is MUCH better.

IMG_0232_zps016c0dbe.jpg

I actively watch for sun dogs and parhelion when the weather starts getting cooler....

I see you photographed the one on the Southern end.

When there were still lots of green trees, I was on the bus, heading for a rehearsal and all those colors (green, orange, red, yellow) reminded me of a fruit candy and childhood in general (can't remember the particular candy though).

Now when everything is yellow (the trees) and gray and dark (the city), I feel depressed. This morning I went to the balcony at my friend's house and I saw the grey and white and white and grey city in the mist... and the IRS building towering above :D

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;26728 said:
That's just how I roll.

:rofl:

Showing us how you roll couldn't be more illustrative :)

Back