Happy DISG Day!

Well I got my Kemper Powerhead and controller in last week, and have been on the downward spiral of profile hunting. Found some Britt, Deadlight Studios, Sinmix, Tone Crate, and Brian Carl profiles that I'm really enjoying. Played for a while with just the Kemper, and yesterday I ran all my pedals in the loop to see what was up with that. The Arp 87 and Fathom sounded awesome with just about everything I played them on. Not that I don't like the built in effects, but my ear is so accustomed to my pedals it just felt right. I'm also running into a 4x12 , which is much better for me over my last Kemper experience of using monitors. Amazed at the mid-gain sounds available now, have more of those saved than my bread and butter high gain tones.

Funny enough, I've never really bonded with the Archon in any of its' iterations, but the profile I have of it is my current go-to for the brootz. That profile is particularly saucy with the SAS, caught myself forgetting about the tone and just playing. That's a nice feeling.

I might have several thousand profiles from when I owned a Kemper....... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I might have several thousand profiles from when I owned a Kemper....... :rolleyes:

Ha! That seems to be a prevailing occurrence. Sooooo easy to get drawn into to profile chasing!

Case in point, this one came with a good $300-$400 worth of profiles on a thumb drive from the original owner. That's where I got all the Britt ones from, which was a nice surprise.

Ha! That seems to be a prevailing occurrence. Sooooo easy to get drawn into to profile chasing!

Case in point, this one came with a good $300-$400 worth of profiles on a thumb drive from the original owner. That's where I got all the Britt ones from, which was a nice surprise.

At the time I got rid of mine, I had about everything from MBritt, SoundsideDE, The Amp Factory, Tonehammer, Top Jimi, Pete's Profiles, etc...

I think I had the opposite experience last night. I had a very rare evening plugged in to my Cornford Carrera rather than the Yamaha THR10 as I was trying to get some sounds recorded for the November jam track, and it just wasn't really working for me. I don't think it helped that it was turned down super low, and also faffing around trying to get a recording level with gear that's not really suitable. But I was just uninspired and the guitar wasn't really working for me either. I think I might have a go tonight with a different guitar and just the amp and forget all the other gear.

I went for the sure thing after two weeks on the wagon: Dirty 100 (to remind myself how much Bodia really should keep his) into the Boogie Mark III dirty blues channel. Playing mostly frets 5-15 finger style I was reminded how much of the responsibility for the tone the fingers have when playing with modest gain. Heaven.

I did pick a bit of single note lead with the pint of attack just over the bottom edge of the neck pickup. That gives me a nice bite with a ballsy bloom. I could manage with just this.

I went for the sure thing after two weeks on the wagon: Dirty 100 (to remind myself how much Bodia really should keep his)

Sergio made the mistake of playing it while it was at his house for a photo shoot. He couldn't get it back in my truck fast enough today. Temptation can be a bad thing!

I sounded kick ass today. My normal gig setup only I’ve been using the MT15 in place of my Archon the past 5 rehearsals. Wednesday will be my first gig with the MT15, haven’t decided if I’ll take the Archon as backup yet.

Anyway, I really like the MT15 with the band. It lasted one day at home and hasn’t left our rehearsal space since then. I kinda want another one to keep at home. Do I need 2 Archons and 2 MT15’s? Seems silly. Besides my tone sounding great, I was just on point and super tight with my playing today. Feel was great and everything landed right. One difference today was I felt great, well rested and not bogged down with work crap. I was in a great head space. I have the whole next week off of work.

Being in the right place mentally is over half of the battle. Way to slay it, Vaughn! :cool:

The MT-15s are getting such good praise, maybe I should check one out despite not doing much on the heavy side of things these days. Maybe what pop country needs is a little chugga-chugga? ;)

I have not played in a few days. Wife and I will be leaving phoenix Mesa area tomorrow morning early. Spent a few says down here for our anniversary.

However. We were in Cave Creek today on our rented HD and I stumbled upon a guitar shop!!!!! Looked like a hole in the wall from the outside........bingo!!! Prs dealer!!!!!

He had what is supposed to be an experience guitar with RW neck. He showed it to me, he said 5909s. But they were actually covered 5310s. Tag said 5909s.

Corvette cu22, 408, cu24, Vela, cu24, 3 S2s and 2 silver sky.

Lots of cool amps too. Unfortunately there wasn't anyplace I could send my wife for an hour so I didn't play anything. That sucked.

Back