Happy DISG Day!

Boogie

Zombie Two, DFZ
Damn, I sound good today!

In the spirit of full disclosure, I sounded flippin’ fantastic yesterday, too. Mrs. B had errands to run, so I ditched the headphones and cracked some ceiling paint. Continuing with the disclosure thing, I didn’t pull out the Super Dallas. Yeah, I know, I do feel guilty. However, the profiles of 3rd Power’s CSR (now known as the Kitchen Sink) have me captivated. The DGT, SE One, RL Vela, and SE245 seriously love these profiles and pressed me to play out of the box and with more confidence than normal. That, my friends, is a great day in my book!

Were you inspired by your tone today? If so, share how you did it and what you like about it. If not, then what are you working with and don’t like? Everyone should feel good about their music.

I haven’t been in the same room as a guitar for two weeks so have nothing to contribute. I might have some free time after I take my mom for her pacemaker check tomorrow. I’m sure I’ll sound frigging awesome because my ears won’t know what hit them.

Same here!!! Had band practice for about 5 hours last night, running through a HUGE variety of songs for our next show. Used the new Custom 24/08 and the guitar damn-near played itself. Kept getting compliments from the bandmates on it's tone and capability of handling anything we through at it.

Gets me excited for our gig in a couple weeks....

A buddy came by yesterday with David Grissom’s old guitar and one of those Haz Mu-Trons for me to try out. Along with that, I stole a couple of nervous minutes with Bodia’s Dirty 100 that he (don’t laugh) left with me to take pictures of. It was also the first time in months that I plugged the DG30 in.

Did I sound good? F@ck yeah I did!

The Dirty 100 is an amazing and unique guitar, in an alternate universe I own like, four of them. Playing David’s old red Standard was a treat, it’s midrange is sublime. And I broke out a guitar of mine that for no reason is woefully neglected , my CE22, and gave that the workout that I was too trepidatious an’ gentle to give the guitars that don’t belong to me.

The only thing that sucked were a few cables on my pedalboard.

I need to spend more time on those 3P CSR patches. Britt’s profiles always take me longer to dial in than BHPs, since I’m using JBL studio monitors instead of a guitar cab. Plus at low volume for family harmony. Typically via adding an EQ block post tone stack per MBs suggestion on the Kemper forum.

Les, good reminder I need to update my H9! That’ll cost me like two hours of messing around....really think of getting a second one, so I can spend twice the time! Anyone use an Ox9 with their H9?

Played my PS build back to back with Miss Pernie yesterday after not playing too much this past week due to back pain - oh yeah, tonal bliss! The best therapy I know! With those two epic guitars, I really should pare back my collection, especially with all the financial carnage this year (looks up at roof and waves fist for the ten-thousandth time!). Both guitars are great from clean to full on dirt, but some of my favorite tones are rolling off the volume on the dirt channel.

A buddy came by yesterday with David Grissom’s old guitar and one of those Haz Mu-Trons for me to try out. Along with that, I stole a couple of nervous minutes with Bodia’s Dirty 100 that he (don’t laugh) left with me to take pictures of. It was also the first time in months that I plugged the DG30 in.

Did I sound good? F@ck yeah I did!

The Dirty 100 is an amazing and unique guitar, in an alternate universe I own like, four of them. Playing David’s old red Standard was a treat, it’s midrange is sublime. And I broke out a guitar of mine that for no reason is woefully neglected , my CE22, and gave that the workout that I was too trepidatious an’ gentle to give the guitars that don’t belong to me.

The only thing that sucked were a few cables on my pedalboard.

Be careful. You'll fall in love, and the next thing you know you'll be buying it!

Played through my full rig Friday night for band practice and again Saturday just for fun. I just love the way all my PRS (and my other guitars for that matter) sound through my Mesa MKV with Line 6 Helix for effects.
Plus, my 13 year old son started drum lessons on Saturday, so I'm hoping he sticks with it and I can jam with him soon!

A buddy came by yesterday with David Grissom’s old guitar and one of those Haz Mu-Trons for me to try out.

That reminds me - I should dig out my old Mu-Tron III+ and play with it a bit. I've got some decent vacation time coming up the rest of the year!

I wait for my better half to leave & then I turn on one of my homemade tracks & have fun experimenting - at a nice volume level.

I didn't play today, but I did get on a giant boat that's headed to Mexico for a week.

Lately, I've been playing quite a bit. New gear will do that. After picking up the 594 I scored a Metropoulos Metroplex and matching 2x12. The Metroplex has a master volume that's perfect for my needs in the condo. To me, it's wickedly flexible with zero fat. I freaking love it.

I might have also grabbed some PRS amps, but was waiting for them to come in. Now it's just a matter of time before I pick them up at the dealer. Soon!

Well I got my Kemper Powerhead and controller in last week, and have been on the downward spiral of profile hunting. Found some Britt, Deadlight Studios, Sinmix, Tone Crate, and Brian Carl profiles that I'm really enjoying. Played for a while with just the Kemper, and yesterday I ran all my pedals in the loop to see what was up with that. The Arp 87 and Fathom sounded awesome with just about everything I played them on. Not that I don't like the built in effects, but my ear is so accustomed to my pedals it just felt right. I'm also running into a 4x12 , which is much better for me over my last Kemper experience of using monitors. Amazed at the mid-gain sounds available now, have more of those saved than my bread and butter high gain tones.

Funny enough, I've never really bonded with the Archon in any of its' iterations, but the profile I have of it is my current go-to for the brootz. That profile is particularly saucy with the SAS, caught myself forgetting about the tone and just playing. That's a nice feeling.

Back