Happy 1st Birthday!

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Zombie Zero, DFZ
One year ago, today, Paul Smith and Jack Higginbotham bravely agreed to open the doors to the Official PRS Forum. We all set out to build a new PRS-specific community. The demise of BaM left many of us fractured but the promise of an officially sponsored fan site brought us together again. It was far from easy and it required many of us to step up in ways we never expected. But it has been a labor of love.

The first 6 months weren't very exciting. There were days I wasn't sure whether this was going to work or not. At one point I thought there were only about 15 of us keeping the ship afloat. And then, when the engines were really sputtering, 54 members (Official PRS Forum Plank Owners) stepped up, took a card from the deck, made a real committment to this community, and completely turned things around by focusing on the creation of new and meaningful content.

After 12 months online we are now completely self-sustaining. As of this moment, 2,611 registered Members (705 of whom are daily visitors) have created 3,581 threads with over 58,000 posts. Members from all over the globe congregate here to share a common interest in PRS guitars and amplifiers.

I'd be lying if I said getting here was a cakewalk. But nothing worth having comes easily. I am so proud to be a member of this forum - this community we have built together. And I am really excited to see where we go from here.

Thanks to each of you for all you've done. Thank you, Shawn, for making me a part of this. Thank you for all of the nights and weekends you weren't required to spend on this forum sharing your wealth of knowledge. Thank you, James, for keeping the site healthy. Thank you, Jamie, for coaching greenhorn moderators through the hard stuff. And thanks to Paul, Jack, and Judy for giving a few thousand PRS fanatics a place to call home.

~Hans

Last edited:
I have already said elsewhere but will repeat here. I am genuinely astonished and gladdened by this community. There is passion from the top down which is genuinely infectious and a level of inclusiveness I just haven't seen on any other forum I am a member of. It is a dream to own and play a Paul Reed Smith guitar and a continuing high point to every day I visit here to share what my fellow enthusiasts think and say. Thank you. End of gushing ramble!

Couldn't agree more...Fantastic place to learn about these fine instruments, get answers to guitar questions (or questions about anything actually), or just talk music, which is the real reason we're all here in the first place...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

It's a nice place to visit. Can we add a forum category entitled "Lessons and Tutorials" so I can learn how to play my PRS guitars? :proud:

Happy B-day PRS Forum! It is a very brave step. Forums can be a HUGE PITA! (I know, I run 2, and own one of them... neither guitar related). But when the membership behaves themselves and plays nice, its a wonderful thing.

Again... congrats!

Thanks to all who have made this place their home and to PRS for allowing us to put our feet up on the coffee table.

Thanks to Shawn and James for their work behind the scenes and especially to Hans for fighting the good fight... He's the heart and soul behind our success...

Jamie

Happy happy!

Thanks to everyone behind the scenes, especially Hans, who whipped this place into fighting trim by pushing us to up our activity. I know it wasn't a one-man show, but Hans was the point of the spear.

Now, I'm just going to sit back and wait for the UPS guy to show up later with the free forum birthday guitar.

We are getting one, right?

As a relatively new member I was completely unaware that this forum was in its infancy. I mean that as a compliment. I lurk on many other forums that I almost never contribute and visit only when needed. I try to check in here as often as possible and thoroughly enjoy the content, I even post occasionally. Kudos on a job well done and thank you for your efforts!

Happy Birthday PRSf! Thank you to Hans, Shawn and James for making this place tick and all the members who contribute to keep it so active.

i-can-t-believe-meme-generator-i-can-t-believe-they-talked-me-into-a-forum-4bd51d.jpg

I got an email invitation to join this forum last Summer. It came at just the right time for me as I was weening myself off of another forum that had become much too fractious and toxic. This forum has filled that online social void in an astonishing way for me. It has contributed to my sanity and well-being. I salute you, my forum brothers and sisters, for a place I can go and be relatively sure that I will learn, laugh and feel connected.

Happy Birthday to us all!

Back