Hans' Winter NAMM 2015 Blog

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;184975 said:
15E62DD0-062D-49DC-B497-BE780C9F6D4C_zpsntjyxvfi.jpg

You just can't keep shoes on this guy...

Thanks for sharing homie!

Any info on the Vela yet? Can you snap a picture of the brochure hanging on the wall next to it?
Negative.Apparently that little piece of paper says something along the lines of "do not photograph - not ready for public release".I woke up to a voicemail from the President of PRS guitars over the photos I did post. :(

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;185024 said:
Negative.Apparently that little piece of paper says something along the lines of "do not photograph - not ready for public release".I woke up to a voicemail from the President of PRS guitars over the photos I did post. :(

I didn't get a voicemail and the last 2 posts of mine have mysteriously been deleted. At least you got something cool out of it....

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;185024 said:

SERIOUSLY?! You hang a guitar out for public viewing, but won't let people put pictures of it out there? LAME move....very lame.

I agree, lame. I realize it's a "dealer" showcase but this is typically used to ramp up public interest in new products coming out. Cutting off the customers doesn't exactly get the juices flowing so to speak. Oh well. Thanks for the pics and coverage for us sitting at home Hans!

Google prs vela... The cat has not only escaped the bag but it's shredded the bag up along with the sofa for good measure...

Oh and I vote for boobies too

I agree, lame. I realize it's a "dealer" showcase but this is typically used to ramp up public interest in new products coming out. Cutting off the customers doesn't exactly get the juices flowing so to speak. Oh well. Thanks for the pics and coverage for us sitting at home Hans!

Whether or not the dealers were given preview access outside of the normal NAMM crowds (which I believe to be true), it's PRS' prerogative. It seems like a really clueless move by Martin Music, frankly, given both the intent of their access and the big red paper with CONFIDENTIAL written across it... I'd be just as miffed (if not more) than PRS has been.

The Gear Page has already fully dissected the Vela (which just says female version of the French word for bicycle in my head). I love the interwebs....Paul knows darn well what leaks and talk is always good.

Whether or not the dealers were given preview access outside of the normal NAMM crowds (which I believe to be true), it's PRS' prerogative. It seems like a really clueless move by Martin Music, frankly, given both the intent of their access and the big red paper with CONFIDENTIAL written across it... I'd be just as miffed (if not more) than PRS has been.

The Gear Page has already fully dissected the Vela (which just says female version of the French word for bicycle in my head). I love the interwebs....Paul knows darn well what leaks and talk is always good.
Yes, it's no accident a nice, clear pic surfaced of a truly new model- it wouldn't be there if they didn't want hype and reaction. So it's served its purpose in the respect that it's being talked about in a positive light on pretty much every board. But if you're gonna go that far, have Mike or Dave or Brent tearing some tasty licks on the thing. Give some specs. It's an information junkie age, we craves it, we wants it...we needs it!

Last edited by a moderator:
SERIOUSLY?! You hang a guitar out for public viewing, but won't let people put pictures of it out there? LAME move....very lame.
It wasn't in public, Ang. It was in the dealer-only area of the PRS suite.

I went looking for it after the other images surfaced. I figured it was announced and out there for public consumption. When I was taken to the back room, I had to wait for two guys to get out of the way. They were photographing the guitar. Given the photos that were out there and the guys in front of me, it didn't even cross my mind that it would be an issue to snap some photos. I was more than a little embarrassed to learn (when I returned Jack's call) that the piece of paper on the wall next to Vela (which I didn't read) said something about not taking photos.

On one hand, everyone knows that you're not going to bring a guitar to NAMM and keep it a secret for more than an hour or two. Furthermore, as soon as dealers get a copy, they're going to start sharing photos with their usual buyers - so I don't feel responsible for outing the Vela or the Alex SE. That said, NAMM is not for the consumers (like me). It is a place for wholesalers to meet with retailers. When I come to NAMM, I try to remember that and stay out of the way. I feel badly that I played a part, however large or small, in disrupting that interaction.

If PRS is really miffed at the Vela pics, then they need to be a bit more diligent about putting a proper sign up that says "no photos". The way they did it was a complete joke. The word "confidential" in no way stands out because it essentially blends into the header on that sheet, which is the same color. This one is on PRS.

Back