Hans' Winter NAMM 2014 Blog

It's rock-star day at the NAMM show. They're everywhere. I just had a really nice conversation about the joys of Fatherhood with Phil X (who was carrying his newborn son). Marty F's hair is perfect (of course). Derek St. Holmes looks happy. Paul Gilbert still has abnormally long fingers. Grissom still walks the halls without the fanfare he deserves. Blue Oyster Cult sounded just awful. And it turns out Skunk Baxter and I have a lot in common. There are many more, of course.

After the 1st few bours this place starts to feel lime a comic-book convention. I make no excuses for the fact that I am a willful participant but I wish this crowd was a little less superficial. At least 1 in 20 guys I've seen are wearing a rug - about the same ratio for dudes in Hipster beanies. Don't even get me started about all the old men who look like they just left their wife's salon. Phil Spector would be proud.

I'm ready to get outta here and spend some time with friends.

And then... THIS happened.

D30C6D61-8387-4921-84D9-031E93F25E6C_zpsw9gbggj5.jpg

Tone King has an ESP videos showing all those custom guitars.
Yep, some are just for looks, they would be to hard to hold or play.

Have fun gents! Have always wanted to go.

A big high-five to whoever put that S2 display together... I would live in that display!

Geeked to see the Mason sans pickguard, everything should be back routed to insure proper levels of bangin'ness.
Brent prolly digs the pickguard for proper levels of twangin'ness though. I like it better without for the record.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;125964 said:

Make one of those a weeping angel, and you'd sell a few even in this forum!

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;125975 said:
I'll post pics of the best guitars soon. But 1st... There's this.

FD407BFD-40D6-4791-8FBE-8E0954569FB5_zpspfzno5ww.jpg

YES! I'd say I'm in, but I've seen me, so...

Thanks for all the pics Hanso! How does that faded whale blue look in person? Any pics of that 1?

Wow! Thanks for all the close up shots. There are some awesome finishes. Have fun and don't spend too much money.

Wait. Never mind. Have fun and spend lots!

Back