Collector's Boutique

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Zombie Zero, DFZ
People occasionally ask me for input on their next guitar or amp purchase. While I always enjoy helping folks find the right gear for the job, it's way more fun to help them find the coolest stuff that's way beyond anything they actually need (but will probably increase in value over the years). What can I say, I'm a bad influence.

To that end, I give you 'Collector's Boutique'. In this thread, I'll share photos and links to some of the coolest stuff out there in the hopes that one of you maniacs will buy it before I do. At least, then, I can live vicariously through those of you with the budget (and the space) for one more guitar.

Our opening item is a good one and the inspiration for this thread. For the record, none of these items are mine and I am not vouching for the seller(s). Do your homework. Be careful. Let us know if you buy it.

Item #1: 1987 PRS Signature #50 in Vintage Yellow
Sigs are cool guitars and anything Vintage Yellow from the 80's (Sig or not) is worth looking into. Speaking for myself and a few other collectors, 1987 is the sweet spot. With an '87, you'll get all the mojo and neck carve of an '85 or '86 with a better-sounding stamped T (to my ears) and a much lower price.

Click HERE to see the seller's ad.

s-l1600-X3.jpg

s-l1600-1-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Item #2: 2013 Paul's Guitar with Indian Rosewood neck, Brazilian Fretboard, and mahogany body.

There were 10 of these PG's made as a Wood Library run for Music Store Live. I am lucky enough to have one of them and it has been my #1 player since it came home 11 months ago. I can't say enough about the tone and the feel of these instruments. Item #1 (above) was for the collectors. For PRS players, I could make no higher recommendation than this guitar. I'd buy it myself if I hadn't just dropped a wad on a new camera.

Seller's eBay ad is HERE.

Item #2: 2013 Paul's Guitar with Indian Rosewood neck, Brazilian Fretboard, and mahogany body.

There were 10 of these PG's made as a Wood Library run for Music Store Live. I am lucky enough to have one of them and it has been my #1 player since it came home 11 months ago. I can't say enough about the tone and the feel of these instruments. Item #1 (above) was for the collectors. For PRS players, I could make no higher recommendation than this guitar. I'd buy it myself if I hadn't just dropped a wad on a new camera.

Npt gonna lie, I am VERY tempted

Fantastic. I can only imagine how good that sounds
I hope someone from the forum grabs it

Item #3: 1983 Pre-factory Double-neck!

Got a spare $225k burning a hole in your pocket?

Link

aqexijekrf2kt2flwtey.jpg

sasidfvprvnnvwef4jae.jpg

I can't imagine paying that kind of money for the privilege of hanging that thing on a strap and schlepping it around (unless you're Jimmy Page bringing it onstage for 'Stairway' to the delight of a big audience), but it's probably a cool piece for the right collector.

Back