Hanging around

I have a piece of purple heart for the top of my first build... Stuffs no joke when working with it, and it loves to splinter. I just hope a good coat of sealer and oil will lock in the color, lol.

The hangers look good though, the purple heart works well with the wall color.

I've just gone the Hercules wall hanger route too, but I am lucky enough to have a solid block wall to put them on (I watched it being built so I know what's in there!), so some decent rawlplugs did the job.

3 out of 8 guitars now get to hang up, my problem is choosing which ones... and how can I persuade my wife that putting a few more hangers up is a good idea??

13266679_813580445409815_247958549_n.jpg

Regarding sunlight, I don't mind if they fade - that is part of the lifecycle of a guitar IMHO. However they won't get direct sunlight for much of the day here (and of course we don't have Californian levels of sunshine in Scotland either!).

Last edited:
Cool man, looking good!
FWIW - with wall hangers, I've never had any issue with them coming loose. If using a stud finder, it's helpful to go in from both sides to find each edge of the stud. Then mount in the middle. I've hung plenty with those huge drywall anchors. They're about 2.5" long and probably 1/2" or more in diameter. They obviously leave a large hole when removed, but they hold 50#...I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Looks like a you found a nice solution here and it looks very nice to boot!

Cool man, looking good!
FWIW - with wall hangers, I've never had any issue with them coming loose. If using a stud finder, it's helpful to go in from both sides to find each edge of the stud. Then mount in the middle. I've hung plenty with those huge drywall anchors. They're about 2.5" long and probably 1/2" or more in diameter. They obviously leave a large hole when removed, but they hold 50#...I'd rather be safe than sorry!
That's what I do and have them - or rather, most of them - on the living room walls. They're the first thing I see in the morning on the way to coffee and the last things I see in the evening on the way to bed. Mrs. B has color preferences for what hangs where, to "pull in the right colors for the room".

The purpleheart looks classy on that wall. Good choice.

Back